Epilogue

3 Years Later

Scarlet

I was walking down the aisle filled with red rose petals in the most beautiful lace gown that I had ever laid eyes on. With a deep v in the front and a matching back, it was breathtaking. It hugged my body in the best way and the long train was the perfect added touch.

The man waiting for me at the other end still brought me to my knees. He was so handsome in his navy tux and the fancy shoes he hated to wear. He was wearing the biggest smile and watery eyes as I walked closer and closer.

My brothers both stood beside him and Ethan grabbed Chase's shoulder for a second before releasing him again. Grace was halfway through her first pregnancy and her bump was adorable in her light blue dress. Leah was a bridesmaid and even I was surprised with how close we had gotten.

Kelsey ended up moving somewhere in California. Good riddance. I had only seen her a couple of times since everything happened and she never even looked in my direction. She didn't even stay for the entire reception for Ethan and her sister's wedding.

"You look beautiful, Scarlet," my dad whispered in my ear as we walked closer to Chase.

I laid my head on his shoulder. "Thanks, daddy."

My mom was a mess with tears running down her pink cheeks. She made sure not to wear any mascara today. She was the most incredible person. But what took my breath away was the sweet flower girl holding my moms hand.

It turns out that I was already pregnant when my mother tried to give Chase and I the safe sex talk. It wasn't good timing but when had there ever been good timing between him and I? Having a baby before I could even legally drink was never in the plan but it shaped our relationship in something much stronger.

A little over 2 years ago, we welcomed our daughter. Mia Rose Davis. My heart could have burst with happiness the first time I laid eyes on her.

She had my dark hair and by the grace of God, Chase's blue eyes. Her giggle was contagious and it was impossible to be in a bad mood around her. She had Chase completely wrapped around her little finger and the second he became a father to our baby, I fell in love with him all over again.

As hard as it was, I finished school and got a part-time job working for an online newspaper. It was the best of both worlds. I got to stay home with Mia but also do what I love; write.

Chase

"Who gives this woman to be married to this man?"

"Her mother and I do, sir," Scarlet's dad answered and kissed her hand before placing it in mine.

The words being said were like background noise as I stared into Scarlet's eyes. No words did her beauty justice. She was breathtaking.

The mother of my child and the most caring woman I had ever met. She was going to give up everything to have Mia. She talked about quitting school and getting a job as soon as we found out she was pregnant. There was no way I could let her give up her dreams. We could do it. We really could have it all.

Seeing Mia clap her little hands together and be here while we got married definitely makes waiting until she was older to tie the knot worth it. We tossed around the idea of doing it before Scarlet had the baby but I wanted Scar to have her dream wedding. And besides, Mia was the cutest damn flower girl I have ever seen.

When the officiant said, "The bride and grown have prepared their own vows." I took a deep breath and thought my words over.

I had been practicing my vows for weeks. I needed them to be perfect but now looking into those gorgeous green eyes, it was like I had a frog in my throat. I was nervous as shit.

"Scarlet, there is so much I want to say. So much I want to promise you right now but these people don't want to be here for an hour listening to my sappy words." I paused as everybody broke into laughter.

"You and Mia are the most important people in my life. I can't remember a time when you weren't. I'm so lucky you picked me to be your husband. And there's no take-backs." I winked and she laughed. "Our love is special, Scar. It's undeniable... it aways has been. Ending up together was aways our fate. Before you, I was just going through the motions. You hung the moon for me, Scar. You are everything to me and I can't wait to spend the rest of my life proving that to you. I love you so much."

I reached over and wiped the tears from her cheek. She closed her eyes at the contact and took a breath.

"Chase, you are the love of my life. My absolute best friend. I don't know what I would do without you or Mia. I still remember the first time I saw you. You stayed for dinner that night and never really left." Soft laugher came from her parents and her brothers standing behind me.

"I didn't plan on falling in love with you and I know you didn't plan on falling for me but it became crystal clear that we didn't have a choice. We were always going to end up together and I love our journey, as messy as it was. I love our life together."

She took another breath and squeezed my hands tighter. "I promise to love you every single day for the rest of our lives. I promise to only watch horror movies during the day and to never watch the next episode of our Netflix shows without you. I know how much you hate that."

The room filled with chuckles as I threw my head back and laughed. This girl knew my so well.

All I heard next was you may kiss the bride and that was the moment I had been waiting for the entire day. Fuck, it was the moment I had been waiting for since I was a kid. She's my wife. I cupped her face and kissed her deeply as everybody started clapping and whistling.

"Now introducing to you, Mr. and Mrs. Davis!

Mrs. James brought Mia over and I scooped her up before walking back down the aisle with my fingers tangled in Scarlet's. Just me and my best girls. Forever.