Chapter 26

Scarlet

"Oh my goodness, isn't she adorable!" My mom exclaimed as she picked the puppy up.

"Chase got her for me! We named her Sadie."

"I had to pick the damn thing up for him so you wouldn't know. Apparently, you won't let him out of bed long—"

"Jordan, stop it right there," my mom yelled.

I just laughed and went and sat by my brother. Ethan and Leah were at her parents house today which I was guessing was a good sign that they were doing better. I hoped so at least.

"Where is he by the way?" Jordan asked.

I sighed. "A friend of mine stopped by the house today and Chase... wasn't very happy about it. We got into a stupid fight and he stormed out. He's probably just at home. I'll stop over there when we leave here."

"A guy friend? That Cory dude?"

"No, I haven't talked to him since before my birthday. His name is Aaron. We have some classes together and were partners on a project. Completely harmless. I'm honestly a little hurt that he could ever think there was something else going on."

He shrugged his shoulders. "I'm sure he just needed to puff out his chest and go get drunk or something. He'll be a whiney bitch later waiting on you."

I smiled and hoped that he was right.

"How do you always pick out the perfect gift?" I asked my mom as we sat around the Christmas tree.

Her smile grew as her entire face lit up. "Do you like it? The sells guy said it was the latest and best."

"Mom, it's perfect. Thank you," I said as I opened the box for my new laptop.

"I got a few things for Chase but since he's not here you can just drop them off to him if that's okay."

"Of course I will. Thank you."

"Where is he? He hasn't missed a Christmas here in years," my dad added.

My face fell a little. I didn't want to talk about the fight with my parents. "He's just at his house. He's not feeling the best."

"Poor thing. I'll make him some soup before you leave so you can take it to him," my mom murmured.

I smiled. "He'd love that mom, thanks."

We unwrapped gifts and Jordan continued making inappropriate jokes. My mom slapped him a few times but even she was laughing by the end of the night. Noah was spending Christmas with her family on the West Coast but he had this goofy grin on his face every time he talked about her. They were adorable together.

"I know I made soup but do you want to bring Chase a plate of dinner back? I hate that he didn't have a home cooked meal, and today of all days."

There was no use in arguing with her. She would make me take containers of food back home regardless so I just saved her the trouble and said that he would love that, and truthfully he probably would. He loved my mother's cooking.

"I'm going to take Sadie home and then I'll be over to talk to Chase so I will just see you in a few," I told Jordan as we were packing everything up in my car.

"Nah, I think I'm staying here tonight. Here, let me keep the mutt for the night so you can make up with Chase. Give him a nice blowjob, that always works."

"Jordan Kane!" I said, pushing him away from my car. He laughed so hard that he almost fell.

He took Sadie and I headed for my boyfriends house. Boyfriend. I loved being able to say that. I kept going over everything in my head and tried to think of everything that I wanted to say to him. The Aaron situation did look bad but I needed him to trust me. I would never risk my relationship with Chase.