Chapter Twenty Two

\\Sophia's Pov//
I wake up the next morning and sit up. I see a latte and a note lying on the nightstand. 'Good morning beautiful. I know you're still mad at me but I hope you enjoy the coffee. Love, Harry.' The note says and I sigh. It's kinda sweet but I just don't know if I'm ready to forgive him yet. But if I'm being completely honest I'm also tired of arguing with him.
I set the note off to the side and take a drink of the coffee. "Who's ready to go out for the day?" I hear Gemma yell. I slide out of bed and walk into the hall. "Why are you yelling?"
"Just in a good mood I guess," she shrugs and I turn to walk back into the bedroom. "Get dressed, we're all going out today." I sigh and shut the door behind me. I change into my new outfit Gemma bought me yesterday with my converse and head to the living room where everybody is waiting. "Ok are we ready?" Anne asks and we nod.
"You look cute, but then again you always do," Harry says and I feel myself blush. I take a sip of the coffee and Harry smiles. "I see you got my gift."
"Yeah and while the coffee and flowers were nice gestures we both know this doesn't change things" I say and he sighs.
"How much longer is this gonna last?"
"I don't know Harry as long as it does I guess," I say and walk outside.
"Why did you even come?"
"Excuse me?"
"Why did you even come if you're just going to be mad at me the whole time?"
"Because I still wanted to meet your mom, and Gemma convinced me, and I thought I could put it aside but it's not as easy as I thought," I say and he sighs. "Come on we don't wanna leave them waiting."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Wow England is beautiful."
"And this isn't even all of England it's just Cheshire," Gemma says and I smile. I glance over at Harry who sends me a weak smile. If I wasn't still hurt I would be throwing myself into his arms. "If y'all want to stop for lunch there's a nice cafe nearby," Anne says and I nod.
"I'm okay with whatever," I say. Harry walks beside me and his hand is just inches from mine. It feels weird not holding it. "Hey, watch out," Harry says, pulling me out of the way before I run into a woman walking her dog.
"Thank you," I say and he smiles.
"Of course," he says and I bite my lip. There's an awkward silence between the two of us. "Sophia come here," Gemma says and I walk forward relieved that I've gotten out of the awkward conversation. Or lack of.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We finally stop for lunch and Harry rushes to open the door for me. "Thanks," I say and he nods. We sit down at a table in the corner and Harry sits beside me. "Hi what can I get for you?" The waitress asks. I order a Pepsi and fiddle with my bracelet while everybody else orders.
"So how are you liking our home?" Gemma asks and I sit up straight.
"I'm loving it. It's really great," I say and Harry smiles.
"I knew you'd like it," he says and I nod. I clear my throat and Gemma and Anne exchange a look. Gemma pulls out her phone and does something very quickly before putting it away. Harry's phone buzzes and he sighs. "It's probably Jeffrey," he says and I nod.
His eyes widen and he sets his phone down. "Something happen?"
"Nope," He says not looking at me but at Gemma instead.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We finish our food and pay then begin walking out the door. Anne and Gemma begin talking about something while Michal pays for our lunch. Harry walks outside and places his hand on my shoulder. "Can we talk?"
"About?"
"I think you know what."
"You want to talk right here?"
"I mean yeah now is as good a time as any," he says and I bite my lip. "Please." I sigh and turn around to face him. "Yeah. Because I'm tired of arguing," I say and he smiles.
"Wait does that mean-"
"No it doesn't mean I've forgiven you yet it means I'll talk to you about it Harry," I say and he smiles. Michal walks out of the restaurant and over to his girlfriend. He wraps his arm around Gemma and I feel my eyes begin to fill with tears. Anne, Gemma and Michal begin walking and I do too. "Wait what about our talk?"
"Not right now."
"Sophia-"
"I promise we'll talk just not right this second," I say.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We head to a nearby park and I sit down on the grass away from the others. Harry sits beside me and I smile. "Now? Look I don't want to wait any longer."
"Fine," I say and he smiles. "Like I said I'm tired of arguing. We were supposed to be here together having a good time and now look at us. We can barely talk to each other without arguing."
"Yeah. I really am sorry."
"I know. And ya know I'm so glad you were there for your friend but you know where I was coming from don't you?"
"I mean I guess."
"If I'm being honest Harry I didn't tell you exactly how bad things were between me and Chris."
"What do you mean?"
"I mean after we'd been dating for a year and a half things became toxic and really bad. He lied to me all the time no matter what it was over and every time I told him why I was upset he would say he would fix it or he would say something so sweet or beautiful that I would just forget about how shitty I was being treated. I loved him so much I didn't wanna see the truth. And in the end I only had myself to blame."
"It's not your fault he lied or cheated."
"No but I could've ended things, hell I should've but I didn't and-"
"You don't have to say anymore."
"The bottom line is he lied to me and I believed them and saw past them every single time because I loved him. So I really hate lying and secrets so when you lied to me it was like... I felt like I could go back down that road again, have my heart broken all over again," I say and look down. Harry lifts my chin with his index finger and wipes the tears from my face. "I'm so sorry. I really had no idea."
"I only told you that he cheated on me because I didn't want to remember it. I didn't wanna remember being the idiot who let someone take me for granted, who let someone control me. I loved him so much and I didn't want to talk about it again. If I'm being honest it was the worst thing I've ever been through. Because he treated my feelings like a joke and took advantage of me," I say and Harry reaches for my hand. This time I don't pull away, I let him grab it. He squeezes it and I shake my head. "It wasn't your fault."
"Wasn't part of it? I saw what was going on but I was so blinded by my love that I didn't want to admit it," I say and he sighs.
"I love you so much. And I screwed up. I know that. I know the apologies and the little gestures don't change anything but I can't bear to see you hurting and knowing I'm the reason. I just want to make this right but I can't do that... because you're right I should've been honest with you from the start and I can't change the fact that I kept it from you. But I can tell you I will do my best to never lie or keep anything from you again. Unless of course it's a good surprise," he says and I smile. "But your ex is the reason you were so upset?"
"No. No god no. Look I have trust issues, we both know about my struggle with anxiety but the guy I loved lied to me over and over again and I just hoped so badly that you would never do anything like he did."
"I know. And I wish I hadn't because these past few days arguing with you, I've hated them, feeling like I hurt you I hated that."
"I know she asked you to keep it a secret but you didn't have to. We both know you could've just said that you were meeting her cause she needed a friend, you'd didn't have to keep the meeting itself from me."
"I know and I'm so sorry angel."
"I accept your apology."
"Look at that progress," Harry jokes and I roll my eyes. "Look I can't promise I'm never gonna lie again.. and I can't promise I won't unintentionally hurt you, or that we won't fight again but I can promise you I will do my best. And I love you so much."
"I love you too," I say and he smiles.
"So can we put this behind us? Please?"
"No promises but I can try," I say and he smiles.
"I mean it works for me," he says and I smile. "Hey I'm really sorry about your ex."
"Not your fault."
"Not yours either," he says and I smile.
"I just wish I'd seen it sooner," I say and he nods.
"I know but you can't blame yourself darling. And you were right about another thing I shouldn't have blamed Gemma," Harry says I nod. "You were right about a lot."
"I know," I shrug and he rolls his eyes.
"This is nice.. having a mature conversation. No yelling, no blame game, no back and forth," he says and I nod. I look down at our hands and smile. "I've missed holding your hand," he says and I laugh.
"Me too," I say and he lets go. He stands up from his patch of grass and takes both of my hands in his. He leans down and kisses me. He holds his hand out and helps me up off of the ground. "Race ya!" I yell and he laughs.
"No fair you got a head start!" He says chasing after me. We make it halfway to the others and he grabs me from behind. He picks me up and spins me around. I laugh and he smiles as he puts me down. "Well I see you two have made up," Gemma says and I turn around.
I nod and look back at my boyfriend. "We are going to do our best to put it behind us... although Harry knows I'll probably bring it up again..." I say and Harry rolls his eyes.
"Still it's good y'all can enjoy the rest of the trip together," she says and I nod.
"Now that we're okay can I take you out to dinner just the two of us?"
"Harry... we came here to see your family and we've spent most of it arguing"
"Well how about a double date?" Harry says, turning towards Gemma and Michal.
"That could be fun. What do you say babe?" Gemma asks Michal and he nods.
"I mean if everybody else is up for it."
"Come on please princess," Harry says I roll my eyes.
"Man it's a good thing we're not arguing anymore," I say and he smiles.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The evening rolls around and we head back to Anne's house to get ready for the date. I look through my suitcase and sigh. I pull out a navy blue dress and some black heels and throw them on. I look at myself in the mirror and take a deep breath. There's a knock on my door but I don't walk over to it.
"Sophia? Can I come in?" Harry asks.
"Yeah" I call out. He opens the door and his jaw drops when he sees me. "See something you like?" I ask and he laughs.
"You look amazing sweetie," he says and I smile.
"You do too," I say, he has on a white button up and black pants. He walks towards me and wraps his arms around me. I lay my head on his chest and he smiles. "I really am sorry-"
"I know"
"And I have such an amazing understanding girlfriend."
"Yeah you do."
"And you were right, had you met any of your exes and not told me I would've been so pissed."
"Yeah." I say and he rolls his eyes.
"Okay and I'm done," he says and I laugh.
"I like hearing you praise me and saying I was right," I say and he shakes his head.
"Don't get used to it," He says and I laugh.
"You know you love me," I say and he scrunches his nose.
"Just a little," he says.
"Whatever, we both know that you're lying," I say and he shrugs.
"Ready angel?"
"I am Harold," I say and he makes a face. I laugh and take his hand in mine.
"I'm so glad things are finally better between us."
"Me too," I say and he smiles.
"Do you wanna stay at my place in London tonight?"
"Uh... Harry.."
"Come on I just got you back. I want some time the two of us."
"I don't know babe. I mean we are here to see your family."
"And I told you I'd show you London one day remember. Why not now?"
"Cause all my stuff is still at your moms house and it's not a short drive"
"How about we spend tomorrow in London since it's our last day and after dinner we can go get our things from the house and you can even sleep on the way to mine if you want."
"You're not giving up anytime soon are you?" I ask and Harry shakes his head.
"You know I'm stubborn as hell and we could've already gone if you weren't pissed at me for so long," he says then covers his mouth. "I am so sorry." I shake my head and get into his car.
"Mmhm I'll remember that. And you want to drag my ass to London?"
"First off I love you and second you wanted to go to London anyway."
"Whatever lets just go," I say and he smiles.
"You know I'm right," He says and I roll my eyes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We pull up to the restaurant and Harry comes over to open the door for me after parking the car. We see Gemma and Michal walking over to us and I wave. We walk inside and Michal tells them that it's a party of 4. The host begins showing us to our table and Gemma pulls me off to the side. "Uh Gemma not that I don't wanna talk to you but what are you doing?"
"I'm really glad you and Harry made up. And I hope you know if you ever need someone to talk to I'm here for you and Harry's generally a pretty good shoulder to cry on."
"You couldn't have said that in front of the guys?"
"And also I thought you should know I gave Harry a little nudge to talk to you and make things right."
"You didn't tell him-"
"About your ex? No only way he knows all that is if you told him, I simply said if he didn't talk to you things were never gonna get better," she says and I smile.
"Look I don't care what the reason was, thank you for nudging him because I missed him. And I would've never made up with him if he hadn't asked to talk."
"I find it hard to believe that," Gemma says and I shrug. We walk over and join the boys. Harry is waiting for me with his hands on the back of one of the chairs, and it's already pulled out. "Thank you."
"Anytime. What were you two talking about?"
"Don't worry your pretty little head about it," I say and Harry looks confused.
"Wait did you just call me pretty?"
"Oh boy," Gemma says and I laugh.
"You only hear what you wanna hear." I say and he shrugs.
"Either way you called me pretty."
"I can call you ugly in three seconds you really wanna play this game Styles?" I ask and he rolls his eyes.
"You wouldn't call me ugly and even if you did you'd be lying."
"Wow how cocky," I say and he smiles. He kisses me on the cheek and squeezes my shoulder. I'm really glad we finally made up. "I love you beautiful."
"I love you too," I say and I look down at our hands. I lay my head on his shoulder and smile. It's nice finally being back on good terms with the man I love.