Chapter Twenty Nine

//Sophia's Pov//

I slam the door shut and flip my shades back up. "Oh my god, oh my god no. This can't be happening.." I say it now becoming more and more difficult to be able to breathe.

"Hey look at me. You need to breathe," Adam says, putting his hands on my shoulders.

"I-I cant," I say. My heart feels like it's beating a million miles and hour. "Sophia I need you to at least try for me."

"I can't go out there."

"Well we can't just wait for the paparazzi to leave, there's no telling how long they'll be here," Adam says and I nod.

"Maybe we could go through the back."

"I don't think so Soph."

"No I can't go out there!" I yell and a few people turn to look at me.

"Listen you're gonna be okay," Adam says and I shake my head. "Do you want me to call Harry or someone?"

"Um I'll call Eleanor, maybe her and Louis will know what to do."

"Why not Harry?"

"Because I don't wanna talk to him!" I say and Adam sighs. I pull out my phone and tap on Eleanor's name. The phone begins ringing and I pace anxiously. I look over at the door where all of the paparazzi are standing. I can't still hear their muffled shouts and it's doing absolutely nothing to help my anxiety.
"Come on pick up," I say and she finally answers.

"Sophia hey you okay?"

"Um no not really, uh I went to lunch with one of my good friends and now me and Adam can't leave the restaurant because it's being swarmed by paparazzi."

"Louis get your shoes on. Sophia needs us," Eleanor says and I tap my foot. How the hell did this happen? "Where are you?"

"I'm at uh Magnolia Cafe."

"Be there in ten minutes," she says before hanging up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I sit in a booth as I wait while Adam talks on the phone with Claire. "She's gonna make herself hyperventilate," he says and I bite my lip. My phone buzzes and I quickly pick it up. 'Where are you?' Avery asks and I shake my head. I was almost late back to work at this point.

I see Louis and Eleanor push their way past the paparazzi and smile. "Louis is gonna help us push through. It'll be okay," she says and I nod. Eleanor grabs my left hand and Adam takes my right hand in his. Louis walks in front of us and opens the door. "Sophia, Sophia!"

"Are the rumors true, is your relationship with Harry a publicity stunt?"

"Who's the man you're with today?"

"Are you cheating on Harry?" The reporters shove their microphones and cameras in my face and Adam and Louis do their best to push them down. "Or is this man your real boyfriend and is your relationship with Harry a scam?"

"How dare you ask me that?" I say and I stop walking. My eyes fill with tears and Eleanor pulls me forward. We finally get to the car and we all pile into Adam's backseat, Louis and Eleanor both on either side of me. Adam gets into the front and begins driving away. I begin crying and bury my face in Eleanor's shoulder.
"This is so fucking messed up."

"Welcome to the world of Hollywood, you're gonna love it," Louis says before rolling his eyes.

"I need all of y'all to promise me you won't say anything to Harry."