Chapter Ten

//Harry's pov//

Sophia sighs and stops dancing. "Hey don't give up on me yet," I say and she rolls her eyes.

"Look Harold. I said two songs. It's been more than two. So I want a drink," she says and I sigh.

"Okay let's go," I say and we walk over to the bar. We see Niall sitting there flirting with a brunette with long brown curly hair. "You're paying right?" Sophia asks and I raise my eyebrows. "You said two songs then you'd buy me a drink."

"Hi, yes two beers," I say and Sophia gives me a look.

"I'm not riding with you if you get drunk Harry. Plus neither of us can afford to be drunk tomorrow we still have to film," she says and I sigh.

"I'm having one drink okay. If you're so worried I can call us a taxi and we can get my car in the morning," I say and she nods. The guy puts down our drinks and I take a long sip. "Hey Sophia! Come dance with me!" Eleanor says and Sophia sighs.

"Oh no, not you too. I just got a drink," Sophia says and Eleanor sighs.

"Come on. I need some girl time and I wanna get to know you better!" Eleanor says and Sophia sighs. She takes a big drink before following Eleanor out to the dance floor. Louis sits down beside me and I watch as the two of them walk away. "Ooh someone's got eyes for Sophia," Louis says as the girl Niall was attempting to flirt with walks away.

"Shut up. I don't have eyes for anyone," I say sipping my drink.

"Dude it's obvious," Niall says and I roll my eyes.

"No it's not," I say and they exchange a look.

"Maybe not to you. But it sure seems like you like her," Louis says and I scoff.

"Okay what do you two know?"

"Well I am in a happy relationship," Louis defends and I sigh.

"You're also probably drunk, it doesn't make you reliable Louis."

"Okay I've had a couple drinks, but dude I used to look at Eleanor the same way before we were dating."

"How exactly am I looking at her?"

"Longingly," Niall says and I glare at him. "It's true bud," he shrugs, sipping his drink.

"Okay why does everybody think they know my feelings better than me?" I say and they shrug.

"Look.... maybe we're wrong but dude I've never seen you look at anyone like that... not even Taylor or Kendall. Well anyone besides maybe Camille.." Niall says almost whispering the last part.

"I-"

"Come on Harold, stop denying it,"Louis says and I shake my head.

"Damn it! I'm not denying anything! I don't know how I feel!" I yell receiving a few stares from people at the other end of the bar. "Between you two and Gemma, I-i don't know maybe you guys know and I don't but I don't know how I feel. All I know is I care about her and I don't ever want to see her hurt."

"Cause you like her?" Louis says and I shove him back out of my personal space.

"I don't bloody know Louis."

"So what if you do like her? Would you ask her out?" Niall asks and I sigh.

"If I knew for a fact I liked her I would like to but... if she rejected me it would be so awkward and I can't ruin our friendship."

"So you like her then mate?"

"Shut up Louis!" I yell and he holds up his hands in defense.

"Hold on okay. I think we can figure this out. What do you like about her?"

"She's cute, and she's sweet and funny. But she's also stubborn as hell."

"Just like someone else we know" Louis says sipping his beer.

"I'm about ready to cut you off," I say and he sighs. "She's a really great actress and she was going through something today and I was able to help her through it, which made me feel so good, and it hurt me seeing her in the state she was in today. And she likes to tease me and I love making her laugh cause her laugh is so cute and she's just so great," I say and the boys look at each other then at me.

"Mate I know you say you're not sure but it sure seems like you like her."

"I don't know even if I did I couldn't ask her out."

"Why?" Louis asks and I sigh.

"Well like I said I don't want to be rejected and ruin our friendship cause things would be awkward. Ya know? And then there's the whole matter of the media," I say and take a drink of my beer.

"What are you talking about mate?" Niall asks and Louis shrugs.

"Niall don't act stupid. We all know in the eye of the media I'm a womanizer, I'm a flirt and I can't keep a woman," I say looking down at my drink. "I don't want to put her through that. It's bad enough I have to deal with it."

"Bro you're not a womanizer," Louis says.

"Yeah I know that, you guys know that. But people will believe anything they read," I say my eyes filling up a little with tears, "And I've been dealing with the labels and rumors for years. Sophia....Well I just couldn't put her through that."

"Look Harry, you know whatever you decide we'll always support you. But Sophia seems really great and we wouldn't want you to let the media stop you from pursuing things with her," Niall says and Louis nods.

"Dude who cares what the paps think? You're a great guy. So if that's what's stopping you then you need to get over it."

"I'm not even worried about me, I'm worried about her."

"There's nothing to worry about if you don't ask her out," Louis says and I sigh. "But you know we're here for you and support you no matter what," Louis says and I nod.

"Thanks guys," I whisper and finish my drink. "I need to stay sober so let's go dance." We make our way to the dance floor finding the girls laughing and smiling. "Oh my gosh Louis your girlfriend is so sweet!" Sophia says and Eleanor smiles.

"Yeah she's great," Louis says walking over to his girlfriend. I try to push my worries aside and just enjoy the night out with my friends.