Chapter Twenty Seven

//Sophia's Pov//

I lay in bed and stare at the ceiling. "Here," Claire says walking into my room with some warm tea. She hands me the honey bottle and I sit up. I squirt some honey into my tea and take a sip. "Do you wanna talk about it?" She asks and I shrug.

I had barely said a word since I got home. Truthfully I wasn't sure if I was ready to talk about it. I might never be. And I was dreading work the next day with every being in my body. "Sophia you need to tell me what happened," Claire says and I look down at my tea.
I take a sip and then shake my head. "Sophia talk to me."

"He broke my heart," I whisper and it's finally setting in. He told me he wouldn't and then he turned around and did exactly that. "Sophia please talk to me."

"I went over to his house and uh I went to talk to him... about all this media drama. And he was upset... understandably so because he's not even being given the chance to share his story or to show that he's not just a womanizer..."

"So how exactly did you get to the point of him breaking up with you?" Claire asks and I feel tears threaten at my eyes.

"He kept saying it wasn't fair and that he couldn't do it and then he said that for the time being the best thing for us was to end things... I don't understand why," I say. Claire walks out of my bedroom and comes back a moment later with a box of tissues. "I told him I loved him and I knew it wasn't true, but it's like that wasn't enough for him.."

"He's hurting.."

"Yeah I know! Which is exactly why he shouldn't break up with me but instead let me help him get through it!" I say tightening my grip on the cup of tea. "I haven't felt this way since that night..."

"What night?"

"I think we both know what I'm talking about.." I say and she sighs.

"You haven't felt this way since you and Chris broke up" she says and I sigh hating the fact that I had to hear it out loud.

"I didn't ever wanna feel like it again Claire," I say, my voice cracking.

"Soph-"

"Harry told me that he would never break my heart and now look..." I say and I feel a tear begin to roll down my cheek. I don't reach for it, I just look down at the tea. I set the cup down on my nightstand and roll over on my side. The flashback of the aftermath from my breakup with Chris creeps its way back into my mind. I remember myself smashing that vase and the flowers hitting the ground hard, petals falling off as they did.
My breathing quickens and Claire lays down beside me. "I guess I only have myself to blame. I knew it was too good to last."

"Sophia Paige Knight! Don't talk like that! You and Harry are not over!"

"Did you miss the part where he broke up with me?"

"No but I also didn't miss the part where he said it was just temporary."

"If he's going through something he should talk to me! He should let me be there for him!"

"Just try to see things from his point of view."

"Oh my god Claire you're not helping!"

"I'm sorry Soph," Claire says as I sit up.

"Have you ever had your heart broken before Claire?" I ask and she shakes her head. "No of course not.. it feels like my heart has been crushed into a tiny thousand pieces. It's hard to breathe, you feel like you're never gonna stop crying and when you finally do and you think you can breathe again it all just comes flooding back. Quite frankly I don't care if it's temporary and I don't care why, Harry should not have broken up with me" I say and Claire sighs.