Twenty six.

Janet's POV

I was in the hotel room hanging with Gil , Preston and Joey and the kids

I was in the hotel room hanging with Gil , Preston and Joey and the kids. We were in Las Vegas because Jamari and I have a show here. Jamari's leaving here's right now. I called her for the third time tonight and she answered yet again. "Wassuh mamas." I looked at her with worry in my eyes as she got into the car with her security team.

"I'm worried about you baby."  I said as I walked into the bathroom. So that I could hear what she was saying because they were being too loud.

"I know shawty and ain't nun ya worry about." She tried to reassure me. I just kept staring at her. "I love you baby. So much. Promise me that you'll come here to see me tonight. Please."

"Imma come see you. Ight. I'm good shawty and even if I ain't you and tha babies good. Just go chill out and get some rest fa ya show and I got a surprise for you."

"Don't do that baby, don't say that I w-wouldnt be able to function without you jamari." I said while tears threatened to fall down my cheeks.

"Imma be Ight."

"Okay....okay, what's the surprise.?" I asked her and she just smirked. "Don't worry you finna see." I rolled my eyes and she poked out her lips. She always knew how to make me smile and I know how to make her smile on the inside cause she never fucking do it on the outside.

"Do you not gon kiss me back. Dang that's how we do .?"  Her voice brought me out of my thoughts.

"Hush cmere." I said pecking her lips through the phone. I was a smiling mess once she said "I love you shawty." It's her voice and the way it rolls off of her tongue. I couldn't take it and she knew it. "I love you too daddy." 

"Ight imma holla at chu later. I love you princess and stop worrying I'm Ight."

No matter how much she tried to reassure me I just couldn't get the feeling out of my stomach. I just couldn't and it was making me frustrated.  " I love you to—." I was cut off by gun shots ringing through the hotel lobby. I ran outside the bathroom to see everyone looking at me and trying to figure out what's wrong.

It didn't hit me. I ran back in the bathroom to my phone. To see Jamari on the floor bleeding. Holding her stomach. My eyes widened as I screamed. Running out of the room I ran downstairs. The elevator would take too long. The sight before me made me break down.

I couldn't. I had to be strong for her. Running to Jamari's body she looked up at me. "Stay with me baby. P-please. Baby please stay with me." I said as tears were now rolling down my cheeks. Uncontrollably.

Gil, Preston and Joey all came running downstairs.

"Help!! Somebody call 911!!." Gil screamed out. "I-I'm okay mamas." Jamari let out faintly. "No baby no your not okay b-baby shh okay I got you just stay w-with me please." I begged applying pressure to her wounds. She got shot five times.