Steven|06

I was wondering if she still took dance classes. Mack was crazy about it, and really fucking great during high school. Looking at her swaying hips and hands on the dance floor, I can see she still does. Jesus, she is beautiful, hot, confident, the way she moves is something else, there's no one in the room who wouldn't be mesmerized by her. And she knows it. So do I, so does Misha, and Peter, and Luke. Yeah, we are totally watching her having the time of her life next to Lisa and Jordan at the sound of "levitating" by dua lipa.

Dane can see us staring, it's not like we are not being obvious for his credit, and he looks like he's choosing who to punch first, and where to hide the bodies. Can't blame him, honestly. A bunch of crazy dudes staring open mouthed at his little sis, with obvious dirty thoughts in their heads.

Fuck. Now I want to punch them for thinking that about her. She is mine. When Mack pulled that shit with Peter, I thought I would lose my grip and squeeze his throat right there, but held on to the last thread of control inside me and acted like I had no care in the world.

Taking Rachel's face out of my neck and getting up, I make my way to the dance floor, to her. I confess, she caught me by surprise with the whole "celebration speech" earlier tonight, but I guess I had it coming, the girl have always got fire in her, but between the last two years she's become stronger, more challenging. And I love that part of her just as much as I hate being the responsible for it.

Pushing through the crowd of people dancing, I make my way to the three girls, pulling Mack's back to my chest, one hand in her waist and the other on hips. Fuck control, fuck pretending to be an asshole, fuck the past two years. Tonight I want to lose myself in her. God, I missed her so much. I need her body locked in mine, her scent filling my nostrils, her soft lips touching mine. I need it all.

Mack leans on my chest, her head thrusting to the side so her neck is exposed to me. Green light. Great. I drown my head at the exposed skin, kissing,  nibbling and bitting. Her soft vanilla scent fills me in and I feel her body shivering against mine. God, I can't explain how much I've missed this. It's like my body is back home.

"Just so you know, I haven't forgiven you. I still hate you, and tomorrow we act like this slutty dirty dance didn't happen," she tells me in between ragged breath and moans. "Got it, asshole?"

I bite her earlobe before answering. "Have no intentions on repeating this or remembering it tomorrow for that matter, hottie. Now quit talking and enjoy it." I come back to my task at her neck holding her thightly while moving to the beat, sucking the specific spot I now for fact disarms her. Her body is an instrument I have mastered during my teenage years.

We still fit, like two pieces of a puzzle, and faster than ever we are moving together, sincronized. Until the music changes to "S&M" by Rihanna and Mackenzie stops, her body going still.

Mack laughs, a breathless chuckle that gives me the shivers. I think her laughter is by far my favorite sound in the whole world.

"Okay, okay, you're a great dancer, babe. But let me show you the moves." My girl is dancing around my huge bedroom in underwear and my gun's and roses vintage tee. And she looks amazing. I was just now trying to prove her, how great of a dancer I am. Just to tease. I knew I would get a reaction out of her.

She turns to the boombox and "S&M" by Rihanna blasts through the room. I can't help but smirk at her with my eyebrows raised in a skeptical look. "Really? Out of all the songs you could dance to? You choose this one?", I joke

"Shut up and watch, k?" I can't even answer her before she starts moving around and just like always I'm instantly hipnotized by her. Mack is an amazing dancer. Ballet, jazz, lyrical, salsa, say it, she dances and she's damn good.

After a few minutes of swaying and shaking and turning, I can't maintain my control and get up, pressing my bare chest to her before throwing her in bed while she laughs.

"I love you", I whisper to her ears, now on top of her. She slowly turns her head at me, her laughter dying and her eyes wide. Mack must see in my eyes that I'm not kidding cause her eyes go glassy and a little smile tucks at the corner of her lips.

"Really?", she asks me with a weak voice, barely a whisper, like she's scared and doesn't want to ruin the moment.

"Fuck yes. I love you more than anything." Now she is really crying when she kisses my lips, her tongue hooked in mine.

"I love you so much", she whispers against my lips.

I snap back to reality when Mackenzie unhooks her arms from my neck and let go of me. She looks more than sober now, a weird broken look in her face. My heart pounds in my chest, I'm sure she remembered that evening too, when I said I loved her for the first time. I look hastily to the side, needing a distraction. But all I get is a vision of my friends dancing, laughing, drunk as hell. Makes me want to throw up.

"I need some air, sorry." Mackenzie's voice is barely a whisper, a hint of sadness dripping, but before I can even utter an answer, Mack has already strolled off. I run after her not caring for the looks on everyone faces when they realize Steven Hendrix is at the club. Paparazzi will definitely be at the door when we leave, but I can care about that later.

It's a hard task, trying to follow her around, but I finally find her standing on the roof, looking down to the vast city below her, she wraps her arms around her waist like she's protecting herself, hurts me to think that I became the person she wants to protect herself from. I want more than anything to pull her to my arms and kiss her, hold her again, but I know I can't.

Crazy how NYC really is the city that never sleeps.

"I love looking down at the city in the middle of the night. You know in any other city, we would hear nothing but silence. This is the magic of New York. It never sleeps. People come and go and never stop until their dreams come true, they don't let their lives flash through them. They just enjoy. This city really is everything you wish for." Her voice is quiet, thoughtful, and it doesn't startle me that she doesn't have to look behind her back to know I'm the one behind her. Mack doesn't need to, she never had to. She always knows when I'm in the room. Just like I've always been the one to know when she's in the room.