Chapter 23: Far Longer Than Forever! [Final Chapter]

*Willow's/Anastasia's POV*

I heard Alice gasp and scream. "WILLOW!"

I opened my eyes and saw Alice and Zero lay me on the floor and had me lean against them. "Guys it's...i-it's s-so c-c-cold..."

Zero placed a hand on my forehead, but instantly retracted it. "She's freezing."

I heard aunt Ella gasp and saw her running towards me with uncle Connor next to her. "Anastasia! Cornelius, it looks like Fairy Godmother's spell is starting to take affect, but it's not even midnight yet!"

I started feeling tired all of a sudden, but managed to give aunt Ella and uncle Connor a smile. "I-I'll...I'll be a-all right, you g-guys."

"Anastasia?" Aunt Lillian asked in concern before making her way over to us and gasped. "Oh no, the spell! Ice has already started to appear at her feet."

She's not wrong. I looked down at my feet and sure enough, there was ice at the tip of my toes slowly creeping it's way up. It felt like the temperature in the room had gone down, but I was probably the only one who could feel it.

Aunt Lillian turned to Fiona and Shrek. "Somebody grab Arthur!"

"There's no need. I'm already here."

The cheering from the crowed suddenly became silent. You could barely hear a pin drop.

I felt someone take me away from Alice and Zero and held me in there arms instead.

I lifted my head a little and saw Artie looking straight me. "C-Congratulations Artie....I knew...you would make...the right ch-choice."

Artie shook his head and tears threatened to spill from his eyes. "Don't say that, Anna. I wouldn't have been able to make that decision if it wasn't for you and Shrek. I'm so sorry I walked away from you and left you to deal with Charming. I should have rescued you sooner."

I shook my head and gave him a tired smile. "N-No Artie, i-it wasn't your f-fault. If anything, I sh-should be the one t-to apologise...f-for not telling you...everything. I-I'm the worst f-friend anyone c-could have."

"Good, because that's not what I want you to be."

I closed my eyes, feeling my heart sink and the ice reach my up to knees.

"Be my Queen."

I opened my eyes and looked at Artie in surprise. "Artie...wh-what are you-"

"I love you, Anna." Tears started rolling down his face, but I was too cold to be able to move my hand to his cheek and wipe it away for him. "I love you so, so much. I'm such an idiot for not telling you sooner. It took me Zero and the others to realise that I've loved you since you and the others came to pick me up from the academy."

"The moment our hands connected at the time we were in the woods was the moment I came to the decision that you're not somebody I can easily let go of or should ever leave behind.
I never wanted to let go of your hand."

"And when Charming said that you fallen for me, I was thrilled to hear that you felt the same way I did. You're the most beautiful, selfless person with a heart as pure and warm as the sun itself."

I chuckled lightly, even though it kinda hurts to laugh right now. "Yeah, well, h-he shouldn't have been the one...t-to say those words. I sh-should have been the one...t-to tell you that...I love you, Artie...that half-wit Charming...h-had beat me to it..." The ice was now crawling up to my waist.