Chapter 02: The Frog King's Final Goodbye!

*Alice's/Felicity's POV*

We all gathered around uncle Harold's small bed with aunt Lillian on his right, followed by mom and dad who wrapped an arm around her waist, I stood with Zero, who wrapped his arms around me, Puss In Boots was sat on Willow's shoulder and she stood in between Donkey and Fiona, and Shrek stood to uncle Harold's left.

"I'm dying." Uncle Harold coughed out. Shrek cringed, probably thinking about what he said earlier.

"Harold?" Aunt Lillian asked softly as she leaned towards him a little.

Uncle Harold coughed a couple of times before placing both hands on aunt Lillian's forefinger and looked into her eyes. "Don't forget to pay the gardener, Lillian."

She gave him a soft smile. "Of course, darling."

Willow hummed in thought. "I don't understand...can't I just heal him, and he'll feel like his usual self again?"

Mom shook her head. "It's not as simple as that, sweetheart."

Uncle Harold coughed a couple of times again before turning his head to face Fiona. "Fiona."

Fiona moved forward a little. "Yes, daddy?"

"I know I made many mistakes with you." He told her.

Fiona shook her head and smiled. "It's okay."

Uncle Harold gave her a small smile. "But your love for Shrek has...taught me so much." Fiona and Shrek looked at each other and smiled.

Uncle Harold reached a hand out to Shrek to grab his attention. "My dear boy...I am proud to call you my son." He glanced at Willow and I and smiled softly. "And the two of you my nieces...even though it has been for a short while, my dear girls."

"And I am proud to call you my frog...King dad-in-law." Shrek smiled, though he looked a little unsure of what to actually call him.

Willow chuckled softly. "We've always been happy and proud to call you our uncle."

I smiled and nodded. "Or our frog...King uncle." Shrek and Fiona chuckled.

"Now, there is a matter of business to attend to." Uncle Harold gasped and started choking and coughing. He landed back onto his bed with his head to the side and his tongue hanging out of his mouth.

Puss In Boots removed his hat and looked down sadly. "The Frog King...is dead." Willow, Fiona and I started sobbing. Puss In Boots hugged Willow's cheek in a way of comforting her, which I'm sure she was really grateful for, while Shrek hugged Fiona, and Zero rubbed a hand up and down my back, which helped calm me down a little.

Suddenly, uncle Harold gasped and started coughing again.

"Put your hat back on, fool." Donkey whispered to Puss In Boots. Puss In Boots quickly put his hat back on and watched with us to see what uncle Harold wanted to say.

"Shrek..." Uncle Harold made a hand gesture, indicating he wanted Shrek to step forward. "Please, come hither."

Shrek took a small step forward and crouched down a little. "Yeah, dad?"

Uncle Harold took a heavy breath in and out. "This kingdom needs a new King." he looked between Shrek and Fiona and smiled. "You and Fiona are next in line for the throne."

Shrek started laughing. "Oh! Ahaha! Next in line. Now, you see, dad, that's why people love you. Even on your death bed, you're still making jokes."