Chapter 12: Journey To The Past! (Part 2)

(Part 2)

*Willow's/Anastasia's POV*

🎶Heart, don't fail me now
Courage, don't desert me
Don't turn back now that we're here
People always say
Life is full of choices
No one ever mentions fear
Or how the world can seem so vast
On a journey to the past🎶

I released a long sigh and looked at some of the birds that sat above a tree branch as if they were my own little audience. "You know, don't be offended, but this feels a little weird. I mean, my cousin is the one who can talk to you guys, not me. Heck, I'm surprised you can even understand me, to be honest."

I laughed a little. "What am I doing? Birds can't understand me...or can you?" The birds tweeted happily.

I lifted a finger for one of them to sit on it. A robin flew over and sat itself comfortably on my finger. The robin nodded at me, making me raise an eyebrow at it curiously. "What? You think I should sing again?" The robin nodded again before flying back up to the tree branch and to sit with its friends, watching me in anticipation.

I sighed and gave in. "All right then, if that's what you guys want."

🎶 Somewhere down this road
I know someone's waiting
Years of dreams just can't be wrong
Arms will open wide
I'll be safe and wanted
Finally home where I belong🎶

I closed my eyes and spun around in a circle and giggled at the birds whistling along to the song.

🎶 Well, starting now, I'm learning fast
On this journey to the past🎶

I stopped spinning and placed a hand on the tree in front of me where the birds were sitting above.

I thought about my parents and everyone in the kingdom who were put under Fairy Godmother's spell.

🎶Home, love, family
There was once a time
I must have had them, too
Home, love, family
I will never be complete
Until I find you🎶

I stopped singing when all the birds stopped whistling and were twittering instead.

I shook my head and laughed. "Don't tell me you want me to finish the song, do you?"

"I know I would want you to."

I turned around slowly and backed up to the tree in surprise. "A-Artie? W-W-What are you doing here? I thought you were with the others at the camp?" Oh, god, why is my heart beating so fast?

Artie chuckled and took a step towards me. "I went looking for you because I didn't want you to be out here in the woods on your own."

I started stuttering. "O-Oh, uh...thanks, but I wasn't alone. I had these birds to keep me company." A couple of birds tweeted in response. Some of the birds flew down towards Artie and I and flew around us.

What surprised me was that they tried pulling on my sleeve to get me to move, causing me to take a step towards Artie. "What are you-"

"Hey! Why are you-" Artie took a step forward with the help of the rest of the birds, but stopped his sentence when our faces were merely centimetres apart. I could feel my cheeks warm up, making me blush in front of him.