chapter 7: Developing feelings

<Sapnap's POV>

I was watching the sunset with y/n when I felt her lean her head on my shoulder. I began to feel all tingly, and I wave of heat rushed over my face. I looked at the sunset as the cool Ireland breeze ruffled my hair. I smiled and looked down at y/n, who was sleeping peacefully on my shoulder. Her phone was in her hand and her hair was in her face. I slipped her phone into her pocket and brushed her hair out of her face. I grabbed her keys out of her pocket and picked her up bridal style, carrying her to her car. I opened the passenger door and sat her down, buckling her up. I quietly closed the door and slid into the driver seat. I started the car and drove back to her house. Once we got there I parked and got out, putting her keys in back into my pocket. I closed my door and walked over to her side of the car, opening her door. I picked her up bridal style and knocked on the door. Minx opened it and greeted me with a kind smile.

"Thanks Minx." I said, walking to mine and y/n's room.

"You're welcome Sapnap." She responded. I heard a click as she locked the door.

I carried y/n into our room and laid her down in her bed, covering her up with her soft blankets. I crawled into my fort and plugged in her phone and my phone, since the outlet was in my fort. I covered myself up with my blanket and drifted off to sleep.

<y/n's POV>

⚠️TRIGGER WARNING- ABUSE, AND PANIC ATTACK⚠️ ~sorry simps for trigger warnings in almost every chapter~

I was having that nightmare again, except this time it was different. Sapnap, Clay, George, and Minx were there. I was sitting in a pool surrounded by them. My family was on one end and my friends and I were on the other. We were laughing and having fun but my family all had straight faces. I looked over at Sapnap, who was climbing out of the pool. I looked back and ghe pool had gone red and my parents were screaming slurs and throwing things at me whilst Clay, George, and Minx attempted to protect me. I closed my eyes for a split second, and when I opened them my friends were gone and my family was infront of me. I whimpered out a small cry of defeat as my family surrounded me. I realized I was in the middle of the pool, surrounded by my family. I began to sob as they beat the shit out of me, forming bruises and cuts all over my body. They slowly sank under the water, not blinking at all. I felt sick to my stomach as I watched the water around me turn red because of the blood flowing out of me. I suddenly felt a tight grip around my feet as they pulled me under at a rapid pace. I was drowning, and was slowly accepting my fate. I shut my eyes and waited. I felt two familiar arms wrap around me and lift me up.

I woke up in my dark and cold room, tears streaming down my face. I silently crawled out of bed and crawled into Sapnap's fort. I snuggled close to him, and he covered me up with his blanket.

"Hey, miss me?" He whispered in a half awake tone. I sniffled in response and he pulled me close.

"Are you okay?" He asked. I rolled over to face his calm, and understanding face and I just broke down. He held me as I cried into his arms, completely soaking his shirt.

~End of trigger warning~

"Let it all out. I'm right here." He said, rubbing my back.

"S-sapnap?" I said, snuggling into his chest.

"Yes y/n?" He said, lifting my head up to face his.

"Sapnap, platonically I love you." I said, regretting it immediately. You dont just love him platonically, you love him more than that. Quit lying to him and tell him how you feel. My eyes were sore, and cloudy.

"Hehe, I platonically love you too y/n." He said, wiping away my tears with his sleeve.

He rubbed his hand up and down my back to try and calm me down, and it worked. I snuggled into his chest and drifted off to sleep again.

I woke up to being cuddled by Sapnap. His warm arms heating up my cold body. I laid there for a few minutes until I felt the need to get up. I shimmied out of his grasp and snuck into my bathroom. I walked in and looked at myself in the mirror.

Puffy eyes, swollen face,and cloudy eyes. Great. How the hell do I hide this from Minx, George, and Clay. They always know when I'm upset, and this will not go lightly with them. Knowing how they are I feel that they'll assume Nick did something to me. Shit, how do I better this situation? My thoughts were interrupted by Nick knocking on the door.

"Come in." I said, hiding my face from him.

"Okay. Are you alright?" He asked, opening the door and shutting it behind him.

"Meh. Not really. But you helped a little." I said, still hiding my face.

"C'mon I wanna see if its noticable or not." He said, signaling to me crying last night.

I slowly removed my hands and he gently grabbed my face. Slowly tracing over my swollen face with his thumb. He wrapped his arms around me, giving me a tight hug.

"I'm so sorry y/n." He said, resting his chin on my head.

"You dont need to apologize. It's not your fault I had a nightmare." I said, resting my head on his shoulder.

He ran his fingers through my hair whilst reassuring me that he was sorry. I attempted to tell him it wasnt his fault but he wouldnt listen. I gave up and hugged him tighter than he hugged me. He began jokingly gasping for air, causing me to laugh.

"Dude you're awsome." He said, scooping me up and running throughout the house with me on his shoulder. Clay and George joined in and chased Sapnap throughout the house, yelling at him to put me down. Eventually They caught up to him and grabbed me off his shoulder. I was laughing my head off when they sat me on the couch.

"Who wants to go out and get food?" Minx said, walking into the room. We all raised our hands and hopped up off of the couch. I jumped onto Nick's back as he sprinted to Minx's car, sitting me in the very back with him.