Midnight Shenanigans

house: doesn't matter

year: after hogwarts

blood: doesn't matter

Y/N's POV:

The soft cries of my baby were heard through the thin walls of the room next to ours. My instincts kick in and I throw the soft, fur lined comforter off my legs, swing them over the edge of the bed, and quickly make my way towards Scorpius' room. 

The little 3-month-old baby's cries filled the room as I lean down to pick him up and rock him in my arms. I shushed him while softly humming a tune. After a few minutes, he calmed down, but wouldn't fall asleep. 

He looked up at me and giggled, reaching for my hair that was cascading down my shoulders, acting as a sort of curtain between me, my son, and the rest of the room. "Come on Scorp...go to sleep. Mummy loves you sweetie but she needs her sleep as well." My voice softly pleads the small human in my arms. 

I couldn't believe that love could create something so beautiful until I had witnessed it myself. Of course, I had to go through nine months of suffering from morning sickness, the baby's kicks, as well as going through labor. But in the end, it was all worth it. 

I must have been out of bed for long as the door to Scorpius' bedroom opened up, revealing my husband at the door. He wordlessly walked over to me and pulled me into his chest, letting my back lean against him. "Is he not falling asleep?"

I shook my head. "Here, let me try." Draco whispers and gently takes the small infant out of my arms. The sight before me was so surprising. Draco Malfoy, who once was a Death Eater who acted tough and strong all the time, softened in front of his son. He hummed softly while making little silver stars and sparkles flow out the tip of his wand. It somehow calmed Scorpius and he fell asleep in the safety of his arms. 

Draco walked over to the small dark gray colored crib, placed his son inside, and grabbed my arm leading me into our room. "Let's go back to sleep love." He whispered. I nod, too tired to say anything. I lay down on the bed as Draco's arm pulls me back into his chest before his hand rests just above my stomach. "G'night darling."

"Good night Draco." I murmur back before closing my eyes and being lulled back to sleep. 

Hello everyone! I'm back! It feels like it's been forever! I still don't know if I'll continue this book because I don't really have motivation to write anything too long (that's why this is so short) but I love you guys and I have been reading all those comments y'all leave on here and they make me laugh a lot so thank you! :)

Have a good day/night! Love you guys!