The Magnet Necklaces

Year: 5th

House: Slytherin

Blood: Pure

Ok so I saw these magnet necklaces and I thought they were cool. So the basically everyone was born with a necklace that has a little magnet on it. That magnet would only connect to your soulmate's/lover's necklace. So Y/N is bullied by Pansy and Draco but certain events cause their magnets to connect and they realize they belong together. 

Y/N's POV:

It was just another day at Hogwarts for me. Classes, eating a great feast in the Great Hall...and of course, the bullying. Me being the only nice Slytherin, everyone in my house likes to make fun of me. Why was I put into Slytherin? Who knows. 

I was sitting in the Great Hall when Pansy suddenly spilled her pumpkin juice all over me. The cool substance dripped off me as I looked down to avoid facing the humiliation. Pansy and her whole crew of wannabees laughed. 

"Merlin, Y/N!" She said loudly. "Why did you make me spill my juice? Here, let me hel-- oops!" She pretended to help me before taking her entire plate and tipping it so everything fell onto my lap. She fake gasped. "I'm so sorry Y/N! Maybe if you were in a different house, this wouldn't have happened. See, you wouldn't be sitting here and my food wouldn't have gone to waste." The Slytherin table erupted in laughter and I just sank lower into my seat. 

The only person who was worse to me than Pansy was Draco Malfoy. He came sauntering over and knelt down next to me. I flinched. "Oh look! It's gonna go cry!" Suddenly, hot and angry tears welled up in my eyes. 

"First of all, I have a name. Second, I am a person. Not an object. And third, fuck off." I mutter before walking away to avoid getting beaten up. 

I had no idea where I was going. I just wanted to get away from everybody. 

My legs carried me to the dorm first, to change into something not covered in Pansy's food. Next, I went up to the astronomy tower and sat to watch the sunset. My hand grasped the small magnetic ball on a silver chain around my neck. When would i find the one for me? What would he be like? Would he stick up for me? Why haven't I met mine yet. I heard that Pansy had met hers. Apparently it's Draco, but I've never seen her hug him to witness their necklaces connecting. 

--------------------------------the next day--------------------------------

The next day, I was walking to potions when my hair was suddenly yanked. I cry out in pain as I was being whipped around with my hair to face whoever had pulled on it. It was Pansy and her ugly pug-face. "Who do you think you are, telling my boyfriend to fuck off? He was enjoying seeing you cry! Let him have his fun!" She screamed in my face and her spit sprayed onto my face slightly. Gross. 

"S-sorry. I sh-ouldn't have yelled at him. Jus-just leave me alo-ne." I beg. I would try to stick up for myself, but what's the reason to? Would I ever find my soulmate? I doubt it. 

"How about...NO!" She shoved me off of her before punching and kicking me. My body had curled up in a ball, trying to shield myself from her merciless hits. She picked me up and shoved me so I stumbled into a hard chest. Draco Malfoy's hard chest. 

But before he could do anything, his eyes softened. He gazed down slightly to see that our magnets were connected and his arms wrapped around me. "No...this can't be..." I whisper softly before detangling myself from Draco and running off. I was lucky Pansy hadn't tried to stop me. 

"Wait! Y/N!" He called after me, but I kept running.

I found myself in my dorm room, on my bed, sobbing. How could the one person who hated my guts be my soulmate? On top of that, Pansy is going to kill me. I must have sat there for about an hour before there was a soft knock on my door. "Go away. I don't care who you are. Just leave."  

There was another knock a couple minutes later. "I said leave!" I call out before burying my head into my knees. Instead of another knock, the door opened. "What the hell do you wa-- "I finally looked up to see Draco Malfoy at my door. 

"Can I come in?" He asked softly. I didn't say anything, yet he walked in, sitting down next to me on the bed. "Listen. I'm sorry." My head perked up slightly. Draco Malfoy just said sorry? "Look, there's a reason why I bullied you along with Pansy. She came to me during our third year and she tried everything to get our necklaces to connect and they never did. I told her they probably didn't because we weren't meant for one another I had a feeling it was you just from the way I felt whenever I was around you. Earlier this year, Pansy tricked me into dating her and making people think that we were soulmates."

"That explains nothing." I mutter and turn my body away from him. 

"I never wanted to hurt you. I'm really sorry. Please, just give me a chance. I'll prove it to you that I can be a good boyfriend. You are my soulmate after all." He says gently, placing a hand on my shoulder. 

"There must be a mistake. You can't be my soulmate." I huff. He was persistent. 

"Please? Give me a week and I'll prove it to you! I have actually liked you since our third year." Draco's gray eyes shined with guilt. 

"Why? Why would you ever like me?" I avoided looking into his eyes because they made me want to give in and kiss him. Of course, I've always found him cute even though he bullied me so much. 

"Because you are so brave and strong." I gave him a questioning look. "You put up with all of Pansy's bullying. She's beat you up but you'd still be strong. You actually remind me of my mum. She's really smart and strong and I just love her a lot, you know. I love you." He nudged me slightly. 

"Okay. I'll give you a chance." His eyes brighten. "Only if you get Pansy to stop treating me like shit."

He smiled happily. "I wouldn't let her lay a single finger on you. I wouldn't let anyone hurt you again." He said softly before pulling me into my arms. There were still bruises left from Pansy's hits and I wince. Draco pulled away as soon as he realized. "May I see?" He asked softly, grasping the hem of my shirt. I nod, my eyes filling with tears from the pain. 

There were dark purple and blue marks all over my stomach and arms. Draco's cool hand gently traced them, careful not to hurt me. "Oh, love. If only I had realized that you were my soulmate before, you wouldn't be so badly hurt."

I shook my head. "It's not that bad, Draco." But my voice cracked as I was talking, revealing the pain I was really in as tears ran down my face once again. 

Draco looked back into my eyes and gently wiped the tears away. "Shhh it's okay now. I'm here and I will protect you with everything I have." He whispered softly before pressing his lips against my forehead. I snuggled up against his chest and listened to his steady heartbeat. Our magnets connected once again and I smile, happy that I found my soulmate.

 --------------------------------A week later--------------------------------

I was walking down the halls of Hogwarts, finally feeling safe. Draco was by my side and no one dared to even look at me because they were too scared of Draco Malfoy, but of course, he was a total softie. 

"Y/N/N?" I hum a soft response. "Have I proven myself to you? Will you accept me as your boyfriend now?" He asked softly, taking my hands in his. 

I smiled as I looked back up at him. "Yes, Draco." A huge smile found it's way to his lips as he pulled me into a hug out of happiness. 

"So I'm allowed to kiss you now?" He gently tilted my chin up only to see my smile was mirroring his. I nod and he didn't waste a single second to connect our lips. My only thought as his lips moved with mine was that he really does love me. Once he pulls away, I try to untangle myself from his arms, but a gentle force pulled me back. Our necklaces had connected again. I giggle a bit before carefully pulling both magnets away from each other. 

"I love you." He whispered before grabbing my hand and guiding me to our next class. 

Okay wow. I haven't updated in such a loooong time and I am so sorry. I just have so many tests coming up so I decided that I'd write one today since I have time. I hope you liked this one. It was fun to write.