Chapter 14- The Gala (Part 1)

A week has passed and tomorrow is the gala. Miles and I are going to do some shopping at the Everest Store. They have the best clothes there.

Y/n POV

"So, what would you want to get? I want to wear something red so I think we should match. What do you think?" I asked.

"Sounds wonderful babe. I am going to look around for something. Don't miss me too much." He said.

"I'll try." I said and walked to the ladies' section of the store.

"Hi!!" A lady in a very neat bun approached me and said. "What would you like?"

"Um, hi. I'm looking for something nice for a gala. Simple and beautiful."

"Oh, please follow me." 

After several attempts, we found the perfect dress and it fitted perfectly. Like it was made for me. I met Miles at the cash register.

"Hey." He said.

"Hi. Found something?"

"Yes. I think it's perfect. May I see yours?"

"Nope. Not until tomorrow." 

"Okay, ma'am, that will be $1500.00 and may I have your number so that if there are any faults, you could call me?" The guy at the cash register said. I noticed Miles became jealous because he wrapped his arm around my waist.

"Um, here is the $1500.00 and I'm fine, I'm already a member of the shop. Thank you though for being so thoughtful." The two men, Miles and the guy behind the counter, were shocked and amazed.

We checked out the bill and headed to the car. 

"How did you do that? I mean that was amazing." Miles said.

"A little exercise from boys constantly bombarding me since middle school. Were you jealous?" I said and smirked.

"Maybe. Big day tomorrow."

"Yeah." 

When we arrived at home, we had dinner, took our showers and called it a night.

THE GALA DAY AT 16:00 OR 4:00pm

I was wearing my dress in my room and Miles went to his to dress up. 

"Y/n, you ready to reveal the dress?"

"Just a sec, okay now I'm ready." 

I walked into his room and he was shocked. This is what the dress looked like. (You can imagine any dress you like if you don't like this.)

"Wow, you look

"Wow, you look........ beautiful." He said.

"Hm, well you don't look too bad yourself." I said teasingly.

We took a picture and sent it to Peter. Within seconds, we received a FaceTime call from Peter.

"Here's to say wow to the best power couple in history!!" Peter exclaimed. "The two of you look amazing. Hey MJ, come and see Y/n and Miles."