Chapter 9- 15 Hours Later

MILES POV

"You ready sport?" I asked Peter.

"As hell. Let's go. I'll take out the ones at the bottom, you take the top."

"Sounds like a plan." I replied and swung up to take down the enemies there.

All of a sudden, alarms went off and I saw cameras.

Peter and I regrouped and prepared for the worst.

"Should've remembered that this is an evil base. Of course it has cameras." I shouted to Pete over all the alarms and sirens going off.

Peter and I were surrounded by RIFT guards. How did I know? It was on their uniforms.

Y/n POV

Blood was now oozing from my nose alarms and sirens went off.

"Ah. Seems like your friends have arrived. What a delight. I can't wait for them to see you." The man whom I spit on yesterday said and slapped me again. I was strapped to the chair which made me helpless. I used my nails to pull a broken piece of metal from the chair. I know, sounds impossible but with adrenaline rush, anything is possible. I managed to cut myself free also whilst he was not paying attention to me but rather to the security camera footage in the far corner of the room. Pfft. Stupid.

I made it look like I was still tied and when he came close to me, I slashed his thigh and his face.

"Gah! Crap you-" he grabbed an even bigger knife than the pocket knife and lunged it at me. I narrowly dodged all his attacks. He successfully slashed my thigh. I involuntarily used that same leg and kicked the knife out of his hand before feeling the pain from the slash.

"Aaaah!" I screamed and staggered back.

"You've caused so much trouble. Especially for a woman. You deserve to pay for what you've done."

I was crawling to the nearest secure corner but he just grabbed my leg and threw me at the wall across the room. It felt like all my bones were breaking but I still had to push on for dear life. He engaged his suit and spikes appeared on his knuckles. He run towards me and tried punching me but I luckily missed all of them. It was like he didn't want to hurt me. I then threw a kick square in his face. He fell back. I run towards the weapon stash and grabbed a dagger. I lunged it at him but he kicked it out of my hand.

"You don't want to injure me, do you? But if yes, then you've failed greatly." I said calmly as I scrambled to the other side of the room.

"No."

"But why are you fighting me right now? We can be on the same page. It doesn't have to be like this."

"I wish, but you broke my heart when you rejected me. 9th April. I'll never forget that day."

"Do I know you?"

"I don't know, do you?"

We started circling each other and he run towards me. I dodged and pulled his mask off. I was shocked. It was Blake. My work partner.

"Blake? It's you. Why are you fighting me?"

"Y/n, you don't understand. You never will."

"I rejected your proposal because I wasn't looking to be in a relationship just yet. You know very well what happened with my ex."

"I do but I can't help but love you. But, boss has a job to be executed."

"Blake, you and I could walk out of here together without anyone having to die."

"It doesn't work like that."

He grabbed a piece of metal and threw it at me.

I coughed out blood.

"I knew I loved you from the moment I saw you but you just don't feel the same and that is too painful. Why?"

"Blake, calm down." I said trying to calm him down.

He ran towards me with a knife and stashed my arm. Blood splashed across the wall. I screamed in pain and agony.

Right then, when I thought I was going to be struck again, Miles appeared and shot his web at Blake's hand which made the weapon fly out of his hand.

I started feeling wheezy and collapsed to the floor. My vision became blurry but I heard both Miles and Blake screaming at each other and a lot of commotion.

Miles knocked Blake down and grabbed me. I was feeling extremely cold now and I heard Blake running after us but was unsuccessful as the police grabbed him. I told Miles to put me down at the front of the building where the police were dragging Blake to. I wanted to approach Blake but my body wasn't fully functioning hence Miles helped me.

"Blake. What have you done?"

"I am sorry for everything. I hope you can forgive me and forget this. I love you." He said.

"I can forgive you but I can't forget you and all that happened. Good riddance."

And with that, I collapsed to the floor as I saw Blake's police car move away. Everything became so loud and there was a high-pitched noise in my ears and all over me. My vision became very blurry and I passed out.

PETER POV

I felt her pulse which was practically non-existent.

"Miles. She....."I said.

He also put his fingers on her neck to check for pulse.

"Y/n! Y/n! Wake up please!" Miles sat and cried.

I called Dr. Jones immediately and told him about everything that had transpired. I couldn't stand to see my friend in a deteriorated state like this so I put my fingers on her neck again to confirm but I felt a faint pulse.

"Doctor, she's alive. I need you here now."

Miles perked up and grabbed her limp body.

FIVE MINUTES LATER DR. JONES APPEARED WITH HIS PERSONNEL AND TOOK HER.

"You know boys, you need to get some rest. Come over tomorrow." Dr. Jones said and then left.

It was pretty clear what we were going to do afterwards. Worry 80% of the time and wait for his call but we also decided to rest.

Hi everyone! I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Please vote, comment and follow me. Thank you for reading this story!!! Please stay safe and follow all COVID-19 safety protocols. Thank you! Love you!!

-T