CHAPTER 2

"What!!!.... Do you mean that girl is not a virgin? With all the trust I had in her? Oh my God! What a shame!", lamented Habibah, Habib's twin sister.

Habibah is a slim dark girl with a round face. She was the exact opposite of her very handsome twin brother.

"Hey sis, calm down", Habib said.

Habibah who was pacing around the room sat down on the couch close to Habib's. "I thought that girl was innocent."

"What do you mean by that? Like I said earlier, it was not a willing act, she was abused", Habib tried explaining to his sister who flared up again.

"Don't be a fool bro......that girl was not abused, she just wants your pity and she's getting it. That girl is wayward, she's just trying to cover up her act with something as pitiful as this. She's not worth this amount of sympathy from you or anyone else", she said throwing her hands up in the sky.

"Sis, it seems you don't get it. Salamat is a girl just like you and I expect you to understand her situation. Put yourself in her shoes and try to see how it feels. I am just telling you this because you are my sister and I expect you to give me good advice on how to go about the issue, not the other way round", Habib uttered calmly.

"I am a girl and I know our ways. I know you have feelings for her which is why I am saying this. You need to get rid of those stupid feelings or else you will end up regretting it for the rest of your life."

"Regret? How will I regret it?", Habib questioned with confusion.

"You will regret it because that girl can never be faithful to you", she answered.

"What rubbish are you saying? We are not even in a relationship yet. She's my friend for now but I don't know if I should keep pestering her to accept me."

"That's the point bro..... remember the vow you made to yourself. Don't you dare break that vow because of someone this useless. Everyone considers her as a good girl but what if she isn't really good."

"I assure you that she is not that type of girl. She is a very good and modest girl and I am willing to break the vow I made to myself just for her. She's worth it and I can't afford to lose her. She has gone through a lot and I feel she needs me now more than ever", Habib said adamantly knowing how influencing his sister could be.

"My dear, the whole thing is just a façade, she wants your pity....that's just it", Habibah told him while Habib was busy pacing around the sitting room.

Habibah seeing that her words were getting to him, move closer to her brother and placed her hands on his shoulder.

Lowering her voice, she said: "Habib you are my only brother and I love you. You know I always want the best for you. I know what I am saying because I am a woman just like her and I don't want you to break the vow you made to yourself", Habibah said calmly.

"Even if she was abused, how sure are you that she has not been sleeping around? Naturally, victims of abuse turn out to be wayward in the long run. I know she cried when she told you but it's just to deceive you. Try to understand my point sweetie", she continued.

"She didn't cry", Habib pointed out, releasing himself from his sister's hold.

"What? How can someone narrating such a painful experience not cry? Don't you think something is fishy?", she questioned her brother, with a raised brow.

"Habibah, what exactly is your point? You are getting me confused with all these talks", Habib lamented.

"Let go of that girl. Someone better will come your way. You are innocent and you deserve someone as pure and innocent as you, not a used rag", she finalized.

"Stop it already, please. I thought you like Salamat, so where are all these hateful words coming from?"

"I used to like her but not anymore because it's quite obvious that she is no good for you. Besides I am just doing this because I want the best for my younger brother", she stated with a mischievous smile, folding her arms around her middle.

"Who is your younger brother?", Habib questioned with an angry look.

"You better mind your tongue, you disrespectful girl", he said angrily pointing a finger at her.

"Because I always come to you for advice doesn't mean you should take me for granted or think you are older than me. I am Taiyelolu and you are Kehinde so therefore I am the eldest, get that into your skull."

"Taiye, she emi lon bawi bayan (am I the one you are talking to in that manner?)", Habibah questioned, moving threateningly towards her brother.

"You are insulting me because of that bitch, right? It's not your fault but mine for sitting here and talking about that stupid girl. Arrant nonsense! Go ahead and marry that harlot of a girl. It's none of my business any longer", Habibah yelled at him.

"You better shut up before I beat the hell out of you", Habib threatened.

"You dare not, bro", Habibah shouted, moving closer with hands akimbo.

"If you try it, I will deal with you in this house. Stupid boy. You don't have any sense of reasoning. Bioye, Damola, and your other friends will hear of this and I am sure you know what that means", she said and smiled evilly, before strutting out of the room.

"You are a bastard, an idiot, stupid girl. I dare you", he shouted after her in frustration.

*****************
Oya, this is my first book. Show me, love, by voting massively and commenting. Thank you💓