Chapter 14

After you were sure you had obtained all the information from Eric that he possessed concerning Sophie-Anne and her scheming, you called your father for the second time that night. Once you finished filling him in, the silence stretched. You chewed at the inside of your lip waiting for him to speak. You'd learned early on that Roman wouldn't be rushed and trying to make him would only piss him off.

"There was no room for misinterpretation in her words?" he finally asked.

The call was on speaker so you glanced at Eric. "No, sir. In fact, her instructions were rather detailed. She also intended to supply the blood so she could control the source."

"I see." Again, there was nothing but silence for several minutes until he took a deep breath. "Very well. I will be paying Sophie-Anne a visit. The two of you will accompany me."

Eric cleared his throat. "There is some rather urgent business we must attend to out of state. When will you be arriving?"

You frowned at your mate and he shook his head. The look he gave you told you this wasn't the time to discuss it.

"Does Y/N agree that this business is urgent?" your father asked.

"Unfortunately, yes." You spoke without hesitation. You had done Eric a service by getting involved in this business with Sophie-Anne. He wouldn't put off Roman's visit for no reason.

Eric grasped your hand and squeezed it in thanks.

"Then call me when your business is concluded and I will schedule my visit accordingly," he offered.

"Thank you, Daddy."

Roman chuckled. Once you turned sixteen, the only times you called him daddy were when he did something for you that went above and beyond. "You're welcome, angel."

"I have an associate that I could have attempt to collect more information from Sophie-Anne while we are gone. Then at least the time wouldn't be wasted," Eric offered.

"Smart thinking, Northman. See it done. I'll talk to the two of you later."

"Love you, pop."

"Love you, too." You disconnected the call and looked at Eric. "So, what is this urgent business we have to attend to?"

He sighed and leaned back in his chair grasping your wrist as he went to pull you with him. Once you were settled in his lap and leaning against his chest, he started to run his fingers through your hair. "I was intending to have this conversation with you tomorrow after I was certain you'd fully recovered."

You rolled your eyes though he couldn't see it. "You're an old vampire, Eric. I'm pretty sure I was fully recovered as soon as I'd finished drinking."

He hummed in agreement before sighing again. "Godric is missing."

You would have sat upright, but he kept you pressed against his chest. Concern spiked through you. Godric was old. And strong. "What do you mean missing?"

"Stan and Isabel called me. No one's seen him or heard from him in weeks. No note nothing. It's not like him."

"No it's not," you agreed. "On the plus side there are few that would be able to overpower him so odds are he's alive wherever he is. When do we leave?"

Eric chuckled. "Soon. We could use the help of your little telepath."

"She does sort of owe me at the moment." There was a very small part of you that felt guilty for using Sookie, but you were loyal to Eric. And at least you'd be upfront about what you needed from her. "She'll need compensation."

"Whatever you think is fair, alskling."

"Even if that includes Bill?"

Eric stilled for a moment. "If you believe that is necessary."

You laughed and patted his chest. "I don't like it any better than you, but I know how Sookie thinks. I need to talk to him though. I'll call her tomorrow and have her meet us at Fangtasia."

***

A couple of hours passed before you found yourself heading into the basement at the club. It was dirty, dark and damp. In the middle, a giant gear was attached to the ceiling with poles coming down from it. Humans were attached to the poles on one side and Bill was secured across from them with silver chains. From the looks of him, he hadn't fed since he'd been brought down here. "You're so hospitable, baby."

Eric laughed as you crossed the floor. He made sure to pull you to a stop well before you would be in reach of the hungry vampire. "Bill Compton, as you wished, mitt allt."

Bill looked at you with wide, pleading eyes. "Y/N, you have to get me out of here. Get him to release me. Something happened to Sookie. I must ensure that she is all right."

"Sookie's fine, Bill. I know, because I was there. So was Sam. In fact, given how things have been going, he's probably still there. He'll take care of her." You put your hands in your pockets and rocked back on your heels. "Now, what happens next is entirely up to you."

"Option one: you agree to stop being a fucking twat and let Sookie and Sam continue on as they have been without your interference. I tell Sookie you're down here and give her the option of freeing you. Option two: you tell me to fuck off and you'll do what you want and no one ever knows you're down here. You can slowly desiccate as far as I'm concerned." Your gaze never left him as you laid out his options.

"And if I don't do as I said once I'm free?" Bill asked like the dumbass he is.

"Oh, you're not promising me shit. You'll be taking an oath with your sheriff so you know exactly what will happen if you break it."

Eric made a sound of agreement and nodded his head so Bill knew he backed what you were saying.

"It would seem I have no choice," Bill grumbled.

***

It was shortly after sundown the next evening and you were gathered in Eric's office with Sookie and Eric. "So, you want me to go to Dallas with you and see if I can help you find this friend?" Sookie asked once you'd explained everything to her. "And what's in it for me?"

"Ten thousand and Sam can come with you. He'll have to get over his hatred for all things fangy though," you answered. "And we'll release Bill."

"Bill? You mean you knew where he was this whole time and you didn't say anything?" You grimaced. The more irritated Sookie got, the whinier her voice got. It was more than a little abrasive.

"Bill was paying the price for his bad decisions. A price that is not yet paid in full. If I were you, I would accept my mate's generous offer," Eric said. "Or you may leave Bill in my care and simply take the money. That is also an option."

"No. I accept. Bill and all," she said.

"Very well. Y/N will bring you down."

Your gaze trailed Eric as he left the room. You knew exactly what he was up to and you had to admit, it was a decent idea. You led Sookie toward that horrible dank basement. You'd made it half way down the stairs when Eric released Bill. He immediately launched himself at the human chained nearest to him and bit into him ravenously.

Sookie made a small sound of distress but remained where she was. It wasn't until Bill turned his attentions to the next human that she turned and fled. The sound caught Bill's attention and he growled at Eric. "Damn it, Eric." He made to run past him and up the stairs but Eric grabbed his shoulder, stopping him.

"She's not going anywhere. Eat. There's a shower in the corner. I'll have Pam bring you some clothes."