Danger (Dixie D'Amelio) #2

Dixie's View

My phone rings and I take it out my pocket. Charli's name pops up on the screen and I answer it.

"What are you doing?" Y/n whispers.

Y/n takes my phone and throws it out the window.

"The fuck is wrong with you." I say.

"Apple Watch and Airpods." Y/n says holding her hand out.

I groan and give my stuff to her. She throws it out the window and throws her phone out.

"They're monitoring phone calls and those calls can be used to trace us if we stay on the phone long enough." She says.

"We use these." She says holding up a flip phone.

"Oh my god." I say taking it from her.

"The second we cross the border, everything is going to change for us." She says.

"I need to know if you're down. If not, you need to get out of the car." She says.

"Y-Yeah. I'm down." I say.

She smiles and I kiss her.

4 years later...

"Just suck it up." I say.

"You think this is easy? Hell no." Y/n says.

"You've cut your hair 56 times since we've been gone. It always grows back quickly. There are some people that don't even have hair." I say.

"And I feel so bad for them." Y/n says.

"Y/n. Suck it up." I say.

"Fine!" She says.

I pick the scissors up and cut her hair. Y/n starts to cry and I roll my eyes.

"Today marks 4 years that Dixie D'Amelio has been missing. She was seen getting into a car and was never seen again. Y/n Y/l/n has been a main suspect in the case after they listened to the call between the two." The news anchor says.

"The D'Amelio family is now offering a 1.5 million dollar reward for anyone who has any solid evidence or finds Dixie." She says.

"We know Y/n abducted Dixie. She's hiding because she thinks we will press charges. We won't, we just want our daughter back. We aren't going to stop searching, so turn yourself in." Dad says on TV.

I can't even call him my dad anymore. I miss him, but I made my choice. I don't regret getting out of that car.

"Dix?" Y/n asks.

"Hmm?" I ask snapping out of my thoughts.

"You okay?" Y/n asks.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I say.

"You know I did this for us, right? I wouldn't have brought you into this mess if I wanted to get you killed or ruin your life. I did this to keep you safe. You know that, right?" Y/n says.

"I know." I say.

She smiles and I kiss her forehead.

"Okay, you can cut my hair." She says.

"I already cut it." I say.

She touches her hair and I laugh.

I hear footsteps outside and Y/n looks up at the cameras. I see someone in a black hoodie and She runs down the hall. She comes back with a gun and stands behind the door.