Let Me Go (Dixie D'Amelio)

Y/n's View

"You made plans and I just screwed then up. That's what you told me." I say grabbing my backpack.

You made plans and I, I made problems

"We both made plans you fucked it up by getting a girl 3 years older than you pregnant." Dixie says.

"That was 4 years ago. You're pregnant again, at least she knows who the parent of her child is." I say.

Dixie slaps me and I push her away

"You're stupid for not using protection, I wanted a baby." Dixie says.

"I used protection. It was too tight and broke. Ethan wasn't planned but I love my son." I say.

"I'm tired of having your back to my face, because of my choice. You slept with Noah and had a baby 5 months later. That means you were sleeping with him 4 months before that." I say putting clothes in my backpack.

"You treated me like I was the one who cheated." I say.

We were sleeping back to back

"I didn't choose to step out on my wife. My wife chose to step out on me." I say.

We know this thing wasn't built to last

"You tried so hard to make us seem like the perfect couple that you destroyed our relationship." I say.

Good on paper, picture-perfect
Chased the high too far, too fast

"I'm done, Dixie." I say.

"Dani is your daughter." Dixie says.

"Why is Noah's name on her birth certificate? Why is her last name Beck? You didn't even want me at the hospital. You told me to drive you there and go back to work. Stop lying." I say.

Picket white fence, but we paint it black

I zip my backpack up and take my ring off.

"I want your shit out of my house by Friday and my lawyer will mail the divorce papers to you." I say.

Ooh, and I wished that you would hurt me harder than I hurt you

"Y/n—" Dixie says.

Ooh, and I wish you wouldn't wait for me, but you always do

I pick my backpack up and leave.

Time Skip

I open my eyes and see Madison staring at me.

"What are you doing?" I ask chuckling.

"I don't know." Madison says.

I laugh and Madison smiles.

I didn't have anywhere else to go and I didn't want to go to a hotel because of COVID-19. I went to Madison's house.

"What's going on with you and Dixie?" Madison asks.

"I'm not enough. I hope someone can take care of her in the ways I couldn't." I say.

I've been hopin'
Somebody loves you in the ways I couldn't

"Noah can fix everything I screwed up." I say.

Somebody's taking care of
All of the mess I've made

"I changed too much for her that I hate myself. I lost everyone and everything because of her." I say.

Someone you don't have to change
I've been hopin'