7- I wonder if I'll ever get all the way to the end

Chan had gone back to work, still thinking about his discovery at home.

"It can't be him...he wouldn't...he hasn't been-"

"Chris, still doing ok? You're here really late" Rose said.

"Um, ya...I'm about to head out actually. I need to check something" he said putting on his leather jacket.

"Oh, ok! See you tomorrow!"

What Chan was doing was going to do was check on Felix, going to his work to see him. But when he got there he was worried.

"He left...?" Chan asked in shock speaking to Felix's manager.

"Oh yes! About 10 minutes ago? I think you still catch him" she said.

"But...um I'm his boyfriend. He said he had a double shift tonight...?"

"Tonight...? Nope, he finished at 6 pm!"

"Ok...thank you"

Chan was confused and even more worried, he left to store trying to call the younger but Felix wasn't picking up.

"Well shit..."

He went back home looking for the boy, but still no sign of him as he looked out their window.

"Where is he...?" Chan sighed running his hand through his hair, thinking for a moment then he had an idea.

It got later as he searched for the younger, but he was searching for him somewhere he wouldn't find him. Searching for him where the murders took place in the financial district.

This is crazy...it wouldn't be him...but why do I feel I need to look

Chan was running around looking in the streets of the night in different alleys and corners looking for the boy, he kept searching for some time until he heard a scream in a deep alley barely lit.

"Help...! Please...!"

Chan ran around hearing the sounds of someone being stabbed to death, finding the alley. Horrified to see someone in all black with a hoodie slit the person's throat, splattering blood near a wall.

"Stop! Sydney Police! Drop the weapon and Hands up now!" Chan yelled pulling out his gun aiming it to the killer's back, the person froze not following what Chan said as he stood up.

"I said drop the weapon punk! Turn around! Now!" Chan yelled getting closer.

The closer he got...

He wish he didn't...

And he wished he didn't come looking in this district...

Because what he saw, was what he feared the most. The person slowly turned around with a sad look his hands up with the knife.

"C-Channie..."

"Felix..."

They both said in shock and sadness, they were speechless. Felix felt his breathing become uneven as did Chan's, the younger looking at him with sadness.

"Felix...no...no. This can't be-"

"Channie...I'm sorry...I'm so sorry..." Felix dropped his knife starting to tear up, Chan couldn't believe he would ever point his gun at the love of his life. Never did he imagine.

"Lix...you're the killer...?" Chan barely said putting his gun down.

The younger gave a nod as tears rolled down his cheeks.

"I didn't want to Channie...I'm sorry...I'm so sorry..." he sniffled.

"Felix-"

"I heard a scream! I think it was down here??" Someone yelled another area over.

Shit!

Chan realized they would get caught, quickly putting his gun away as he ran to the younger.

"Chan-"

"Felix grab your knife! We have to go!" Chan said in a panic, the younger nodded grabbing it, making sure no other evidenced his was left before Chan took his wrist running away.

They kept running and running down different dark alleys, hiding in some corners once they saw cop cars on the streets with sirens.

Someone already found the body and called the police, so the pair were on the run trying not to get caught while escaping the district.

Chan said nothing leading them down different paths, all Felix did was hold on and didn't let go as they escaped.

Eventually they were out, basically running back to their condo. As soon as they got to the front, Chan grabbed his shoulders.

"Don't say anything until we get up there" Chan said sternly pulling Felix's hood down, pulling his sleeves up to make it seem he had sweater paws covering his bloody hands. He took Felix's knife to hide in his own pocket, trying to make the younger least suspicious as possible.

"And don't touch anything until I say so" Chan gave him a look referring to the blood on his hands, the younger nodded sadly as Chan held him by his waist as they entered the front desk area.

"Oh! Good evening Chan and Yongbok! You have mail by the way" the receptionist said.

"Um, thank you...I'll come back later to get it" Chan said nicely keeping his grip on Felix going to the elevators.

Once they got in he pressed the button to their floor with his elbow just to be careful, keeping his grip on the boy as Felix stayed quiet looking down.

It was a quiet ride up, no one said a word. Chan still comprehending what just happened, and what he just did going against everything he did as a cop...for the person he loved...