37| Blurred Lines

HAPPY BIRTHDAY YOU DUMB CINNAMON ROLL FILLED WITH CUTENESS NO ONE (EXCEPT FEW) CAN COMPETE WITH! HOW'S IT POPPING IN HEAVEN? BRUH, SEND ME SOME CANDIES! I WANT SOME CANDIES!

The answer to pterodactylshriek's question was answered by -LxcyBlxck and AnnieDiAngelo1237, both of whose answers I find very, very relevant.

***

It was safe to say that the Weasleys had the best day of their life. They had questions about how James, Sirius and Remus knew the Marauders if two were dead and one in prison... well, was in prison.

At that time, James, Sirius and Remus had merely looked at each other before revealing the truth. All that had happened around nine months ago.

The Weasleys were shocked, yes. But they were also happy. Glad to meet their role models. They felt proud to have had a prank war with them. Though, they did stare at Sirius with a grimace before shaking it away, remembering all their pranks throughout the academic year.

"Maybe when he grows old... but not now. We trust you, Skr- Padfoot," George had just said.

They then, pulled a major, huge prank on Hogwarts - one that they would remember forever. The Weasleys and the Marauders, Hogwarts' biggest pranksters! What was the prank? We would find out...

But today was different. James refused to meet any visitor. The sun was about to set and was floating by the horizon. The wind held the sadness and blew roughly.

Today was Buckbeak's execution and James' room held the perfect view. While the windows showed him the lake and the gardens, there was one at the corner that revealed the Forbidden Forest and Hagrid's hut. In front of it laid the ground where Buckbeak was to be executed.

He wasn't allowed to go outside much. So, he stayed here - in his room - alone, waiting for it to happen. To be honest, James had no idea why he was even watching it but James loved Buckbeak and had grown close to him in those days when he had gone over to Hagrid's hut when he had thought that Sirius was a traitor.

He watched as Harry, Hermione and Ron appeared out of thin air and walked in to meet Hagrid and say goodbye to Buckbeak for the last time.

He supposed they were using the invisibility cloak.

James didn't know what they were doing inside as the view was blocked by a tree. Time passed.

A while later, Dumbledore and the executioner, along with a minister James couldn't recognize started walking towards the hut. James panicked for a bit.

Suddenly, a stone flew out of nowhere and went straight through the window. This was followed by another stone. Harry, Ron and Hermione walked out and after a small talk - more like fight - with Hagrid, put on their invisibility cloak and walked away.