14| I TRUSTED YOU!

Sirius felt everything break down inside him as James threw him an angry glare. He knew. Sirius knew James knew.

From the corner of his eye, he saw Harry going to stop James but Hermione caught him. "No," She said with a breaking voice. "He needs time."

Hermione knew he knew.

What was Sirius going to say? Would James believe him if he said that he would rather die? Would James and Sirius ever become friends again? Without wasting any time, Sirius followed James out into the unknown.

***

James hit the wall with his fist, taking deep shallow breaths. He screamed in pain. Not physical pain but the emotional one that Padfoot had inflicted on him.

The empty classroom was dark and quite small. Everything echoed back.

James took shallow breaths as he tried to control his breathing. He screamed again. James gave up trying to control himself and broke down sobbing.

Hearing the door open, he felt grey eyes bore into his back.

James turned and came face to face with him. Sirius opened his mouth to say something but stopped.

Had Sirius really betrayed him? No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. Yes.

Yes.

James walked to Sirius. His hands caught the collar of Sirius's shirt and James pushed him to the wall.

"WHY!?!" James begged, more like yelled.

Sirius shook his head, "James, I ca-"

"I trusted you..." James left the collor of Sirius' shirt, not because of Remus pulling him back, not because of Lily's soft hands but because James didn't have the strength nor the will to do this right now.

He raised his hands, showing the promise ring that Sirius had given him this morning. Both of them were crying now. James harder than Sirius.

"Prongs, I-"

That was the last straw. James felt all his anger burst open. Anger from all those times he felt alone. From all those times he felt betrayed. The dam was full and now, it had broken.

Words are powerful.

"Don't call me Prongs. I can't believe this!"

James raised his head and stared at Sirius. Biting his lips, James took deep breaths. "So that's why you have been ignoring me, huh? Afraid I was going to find out?"

Sirius shook his head, "No, you don't unders-"

"I think I do understand, Sirius. I think I understand better than I am supposed to... I... I LOOKED UP TO YOU! And you hurt me, Sirius. You hurt me. And you betrayed my trust. I don't think I can-" James wiped his tears unable to continue.

He turned to Remus and Lily, "You knew this, didn't you?"

Once again, the silence answered his question.

"Right," James laughed, his voice containing no humour. "So you all were in on this. I was so stupid."

"Ja-"

"BLOODY HELL, SIRIUS!" James walked to the nearest thing and threw it to to the ground. It fell with a loud clash. He stared at the ground, at the broken pieces of glass, looking anywhere but at his their faces.

James' vision blurred. As a tear fell, his vision became clear only to be blurred again by tears that just kept forming.

Second passed, minutes.

"James," Sirius begged.

"No," He shook his head. Finally gathering the courage,  James stared at him, "You hurt me. I don't think I can trust you anymore... An- Any of... you."

Just like that, James walked out of the room, slamming the door shut. And he didn't turn back...

***

Do you want more James and Sirius fighting scenes or do you want me to just... go on with the story?

Who is Harry Potter's godfather?