30| Kiss?

The last chapter question was answered by Aaliya0012 (YOU ARE CATCHING UP!) and itzdelaneyy! New reader! Hope you're enjoying the story!

***

Lily was having a lot of fun.

When James had first asked her out, she had practically panicked. She was glad that James was talking to her but thinking about Sirius and Remus, she had felt a pang of guilt eating through her.

Later, when she had found out how James had finally realized that his Sirius was as oblivious as him, she was almost jumping with laughter.

She wasn't lying when she had said that she was happy for them.

Lily was nervous about the 'date'. Hermione had lent her a dress. All nervousness had left her when James gave her the tour of Hogsmeade.

Oh, Merlin... During her first year, she couldn't even tolerate the boy. Second year was the same but something had changed. When Lily had found out about her getting married to James, she... well, it's safe to say that she had mixed feelings about this.

Now, she couldn't help but fall in love with the boy. And though she couldn't tolerate him, she had a crush on James.

James and Lily grabbed a seat beside a window.

"What do you want to eat? Or drink?" He asked.

"I am not aware of what they sell here," Lily shook her head. "Get me what you want, Prongs."

He left and dissappeared in the midst of the crowd, rather too soon.

She found herself humming a tune and blushing. James returned with a smile on his face with two drinks on his hand.

"Here, this is called-"

"Butterbeer," Lily smiled. "Yes, I know. Fred and George brought some at the Griffindor party."

"Right..." James nodded, dissapointed, clearly expecting another reaction.

"Are you trying to get me drunk, James?"

"WHAT!?! No!"

"Relax."

Lily caught the look that James was giving the others. She turned enough to notice a Remus and a Sirius. So that's what it was all about!

They were spying on their date and we're doing a horrible jo- wait, no! Not date! Ugh!

She turned back to James and sighed.

"We could go outside. My stomach is full."

James nodded, too eagerly. Outside, they walked for a while. The silence was awkward.

They passed the Hogsmeade Post Office. She would've used this chance to send a letter to someone but... who?

"I miss home," she blurted out.

James' face softened, "I see what you mean."

"No, James. You don't understand as much as I do! I miss Rosette and Fevil and Crost and my mom and my dad and Pentunia..."

She was crying now.

"I underts-"

"Don't say you understand James! You have Sirius and Remus... Peter, oh, Wormy is all alone but you have them. You have Harry and I- Even Severus doesn't talk to me. I could have always counted on him but now? I don't know what to believe in right now."

"Hey, you do realise I didn't talk to them for a long while? It will be hard. But things will get easy. I didn't believe that. I couldn't but they did. They will eventually, maybe it is far but it will."

When Lily kept sobbing, James sighed, "Come here."

He extended his right arm and wrapped it around Lily's waist pulling her into a half embrace. She didn't object and instead, kept her own head on James' shoulder.

They continued walking but this time, the silence was comforting.

But something about Lily's words troubled him.

After a few minutes, he pulled away and turned to Lily talking her hands into his.

"You are not doing this only because we are end up doing it, right?"

"What do you mean?" She asked softly.

"You agreed to go out on a date with me," James said. "You couldn't stand me, not even during the start of this term but now, you..."

Realisation swept into Lily as James kept talking.

"Lily, I've had a crush on you since first year. I've always loved you and yes, I loved annoying you. You look so cute when you are annoyed-"

She scoffed.

"I don't want you to be with me only because we end up together! I like you and would love to be with you but if you are doing this only because we are supposed to- I can't let you do this Lily, not even for me. I will wait for when you are ready."

Wide-eyed, Lily processed all of James' words and shook her head, "Oh, James!"

Bringing her hands to his face, she brushed her cheeks as he stared back shocked, and kissed him.

Time stopped in a collision of senses when his lips met hers. They parted, forgetting how to breath.

The next moment, James leaned in and kissed Lily. (A/N So, autocorrect changed kissed to killed. I-)

Lily let out a laugh, "You are one big arrogant toerag."

***

I wanted to learn about how to write a kiss (because this is my first time and I've got no idea about romance) and learnt more than I needed...

Who was Harry Potter's first crush?