35| When Time Travel Goes Wrong

Happy Birthday Remus! We wuv you!

The previous chapter yada yada was answered by as-sane-as-luna and -LxcyBlxck!

*distributes Remus Lupin posters and chocolates*

***

Everything was so... dark. Was he dead? But if he was dead, then why did everything hurt so bad? Being dead didn’t hurt... or did it?

James’ body was still burning when he woke up.

He opened his eyes slowly and closed it just as quickly. It was so bright outside... He fidgeted into a comfortable position, the action sending pain all around his body - limbs, hands, arms etc...

“Hey, hey... Are you okay?” A female voice. Probably the first one to notice him.

“You know he isn’t. Let him stay asleep.”

“Buddy, wake up,” Someone said, ignoring the others. He knew this voice but- who was it?

Who am I? He thought.

An older women yelled on top of the other voices. “OUT! Out! He needs rest and I want you kids out of here!”

James opened his eyes. Bright light slowly turned into blury figures. Why was everything so blury!?!

Where were his spectacles? Ugh!

He counted a total of nine students and three adults before unconsciousness took over. Everything went dark.

***

The second time he woke up, the room was empty except... except for an auburn haired girl, who looked as though she was sleeping.

One look at her peaceful face and butterflies fluttered in James’ stomach. He wanted to touch her, wake her up and talk to her.

But he was also tired.

So tried...

He couldn’t as much as move a bit before tiredness got the best of him.

***

One moment, he was having a nervous chat with Remus and the next moment, he found himself running towards the hospital wing.

Sirius ran into the room but stopped as he noticed the silence and looked at James, who was also staring back at him.

His, once muscular hands (not that muscular though. you get the point!) were now so thin. His body, especially his face, was pale. James had never been so ill.

It made Sirius' heart hurt.

James gave him a smile - weak but real. "How's it popping, mate? Well, you look just liked you'd looked the last time I saw you..."