Haven't Heard from You in a While.

Chapter 20

Jade's POV

I haven't talked to any of my friends, in a while really. The only person I've been talking too is Chase. I loved looking into his eyes, he made my cold icy heart melt everyday. I felt like I could trust and love him without getting hurt. This was sort of scaring me. I haven't felt this way since. . . since Freshman year. I had a boyfriend, a bestfriend, a homie, and lover. His family had to move up North to stay with his sick grandmother. We talked often, but the nights got shorter, and the conversation got boring, but I will always love him. That's why I needed someone to break the ice in my heart, I needed Chase to love me like Harry loved me. All my friends remember Harry, but after the second year of high school he faded into the back off my head. As I sat in 7th pd ready to go, I thought about all this. When the bell rang, I got out my chair, and found Laney.

"I've been looking for you all day girl!" she said, she spotted me before I spotted her.

"Hey!!" we hugged each other like we haven't seen each other in forever. "Why haven't you been in class?"

"Been helping in the office, and teachers. Usually that's you! " she laughed.

"I wasn't up for it anyway. . . I've been thinking alot lately. " We started walking towards the parking lot.

"About what hun? "

"Me and Chase. I've never felt this way since you . . . well you know. " she nodded understandingly.

"Yeah I know. Come over tonight. I'll cancel plans with Sammy if you need to talk."

"No, no. Have fun! I'm going to an early movie with Chase, since it's a school night." I finally smiled. "Going to get my feelings together. "

"Okay. Have fun."

"Sure will." then I turned around confused, "Laney, "

"Yeah?"

"Where's Josh and Kathy? "

"Shoot. . . I don't even know. . . Her cars still her. "

"Josh's not. "

"Hopefully she's not pregnant! " Lane laughed.

"I know right. " I laughed.

"I'll call her when get home."

"Okay. Three-way while we get ready! Kay?"

"Of course! "