chapter twenty three

Asami continued to jot down notes into her notebook as the employees' presentation went on. She was visiting the Blackstone Building that day to listen to a couple of pitches that Varrick's workers had for Future Industries. So far, she was enjoying her time in the meeting. The three women and two men in front of you were all filled with bright ideas, and she knew that if they kept this up they would definitely make it further in life somewhere. 

She sat at the opposite end of a long round table right next to her top assistant Alicia. Usually, Asami would have her take notes for her so she could review them later, but today she was in a particular mood to get busy on her own. 

Time passed rather slowly though, and at one point Asami grew a bit impatient. She'd planned this meeting to have a bit of a lengthy time period just in case, but she didn't actually think that they would take up all that they were given. Finally, after another ten too many minutes, everything that they needed to say was wrapped up. Asami spoke with the group briefly on the idea that she liked best, and told them that she would get back to them as soon as she brought her notes to her father. 

Asami and Alicia walked out of the meeting room and down a hallway when she suddenly. 

"Hey, I'm gonna go visit a friend of mine here quickly." She said to Alicia with a giddy smile behind the bite of her lower lip.

"You're in quite a rush to visit a friend." Alicia cocked an eyebrow and shot her a knowing smirk. "Could we by any chance be thinking of the same person?"

"Well actually she's not really a frie-"

"I figured. Don't worry, though. You go see your friend." She played out the last word as she knew exactly what Asami was about to say. Asami let out a light sigh in relief that she wouldn't have to go through an explaining process, or anything like that. 

"I promise it'll be quick, then when I get back we can meet with Varrick."

"No problem there. I'll wait for you in the lounge on the eighth floor."

"Perfect." Asami stated and she turned down a different hallway, parting from her assistant but heading towards the nearest elevator.

She stepped out of the elevator and immediately made her way to Korra's office. She suddenly felt a wave of happiness rush over her as she neared the door. A breath was caught up in her throat, but she did her best to let it go. Asami continued to bite her lip in attempt to hide her smile, though it rarely helped her case. She glanced over a bit and made eye contact with Opal. They shared a quick wave from afar until she finally made it to Korra's door.

She knocked on the door softly ( incase Korra was in the middle of something important ) three times until her favorite voice said, "Come in!"

Asami opened the door, sliding inside the office quickly and making sure to lock it behind her back afterwards. She definitely did not want to be disturbed for the next few minutes. 

"Asami, hey!" Korra beamed when she looked up from the notepad she held in her hands. Her smile made Asami's heart beat even faster than it was before she locked the door. Her heart was swelling at the smile on her partner's face as she made her way closer to Korra.

Instead of Korra sitting at her desk like usual, she was leaned up against a corner of her office, against the large window to be specific. Asami took note that the blinds were raised now, rather than being lowered most of the time. She now stood right in front of Korra, purposefully trying to give their faces just the right amount of distance and closeness.

The smirk that was settled on her face seemed to be unnoticeable to Korra, but she used her obliviousness to her advantage. She toyed with the string that would pull the large blinds down as they began to speak.