chapter twenty eight

"I hate the way you eat chips."

"What does that even mean?" Asami questioned with a full mouth. She scrunched her brows together and turned her head to look Korra, who sat right next to her, in the eyes.

It would be foolish to admit it, but it was true. A small candle with large flame instantly lit up in the pit of Korra's stomach when her and Asami made eye contact. When her and her girlfriend made eye contact. She couldn't help but smile every time she was reminded of the fact.

Asami Sato, of all people, was truly hers now. It was official; nothing could change that.

A week and a few days have passed since the two women confessed their love for each other, and nothing has seemed to gone wrong since. She's been in a better mood than ever, even her co-workers, Bolin and Opal, and Asami herself had pointed that out multiple times. The weather has also been amazing, giving everyone a small start to autumn's breeze, slightly clouded skies and sun rays. However, this particular Friday offered them rain. Due to this, the couple decided to stay inside for the day, though it wasn't a problem at all. 

Asami and Korra have been more inseparable than before their fallout, which could have been deemed impossible but apparently not. No matter how much work either business woman had to take care of, they would always find a way to be together at the end of each day, even if it wasn't for long. Asami would usually spend the night at Korra's, and since she made her own hours, going into work an hour or two later than usual wasn't the worst thing in the world. 

Especially if it meant that they could not only fall asleep but also wake up together. And that was especially good when they'd waste their time with their tongues shoved down each other's throats, licking all over the other's body, letting Korra's bedroom fill with immense sounds of pleasure and screams of love in the most intimate way.

This was mainly a new level for them, even though it was basically what they had been doing before they came to terms with their feelings, but still. Korra couldn't deny how much she loved the confirmation between them. It felt nice to know that they were on stable grounds, and on the same grounds after having to guess and rely on theories or instincts for so long.

"You only take in one at a time. It takes you like an hour to finish one small bag." Korra finally spoke up after falling into her own mind.

"It does not take me an hour!" Asami lightly smacked Korra's thigh in protest, causing them both to giggle softly. "And I like the way I eat chips. Unlike some of us who shove everything into our mouths at once, I prefer to savor my food." She took another bite, purposefully crunching down loudly on the one chip in hand.

"Alright," Korra backed up the conversation in defense of herself. "When did this flip over to you criticizing me?" 

"I thought you liked when we communicated."

"Yeah, when it comes to serious problems or concerns between us."

"The way you eat certainly concerns me." Asami shot her a beedy glare, but the smirk on her lips slowly turning into a smile was contradicting her attempt to appear angry.

"If I'm not mistaken, you have called me adorable when I eat. And don't think I haven't caught any of your stares, green eyes."

"No idea what you're talking about." She took another bite from the same chip from almost a minute ago.

Another thing that has changed; Asami was getting quite good at shooting down Korra's snarky comments that were meant to leave her flustered. It was a fair new balance that they now had. Much different from the usual 'one is intimidating and the other fumbles and vise versa' thing that they had going on. At first, it caught Korra off guard, and sometimes it still did.