Chapter 13

Are you sure we are good? I mean I know how messed up all this sounds.” Lexa voices out.

She didn’t know how all this would go but she needed to be free of secrets and stop living behind closed doors trying to hide behind the truth.

The truth is that she loves her.

“Lexa I have fucking waited for you to come around.” She said pacing away from the woman. “It’s like life is playing games with me.” Stops in her trucks, “I don’t want to see what else it’s going to throw at me.”

Coming closer to her, fingers running into that hair that smells so good. Lexa winces a little and moves to sit. She was probably hurting but wouldn’t just stay home in bed like a normal person. Clarke made her a hot cup of coffee and checked her wound just to see what’s going on under the bandage since she’s being moving up and down like a crazy monkey.

“You should have called and I would have come to you instead of testing the waters.”

Shrugging like she didn’t know exactly what she was talking about. “So..” trails off.

“So” Clarke adds

“I want you Clarke, more than ever.” Her voice taking that sexy commanding tone.

Pulling the brunette into a warm hug. Head laying on her shoulder, sniffing her scent that she missed so much. She missed this so much, being in her embrace and having Lexa stare at her in that loving way only she could pull off. It was a dream come true to have her wife back in her arms because honestly if they were completely broken she wouldn’t even know where to start from to fix it.

“And I need you.” Leans her forehead against hers, her breath kissing her face and she craved to connect her lips with this beautiful woman. So strong and romantic to come here early in the morning.

“Mom I’m hungry.” Madi called from upstairs, no longer in her room but also away from sight. Hopefully she didn’t hear anything. It’s best to keep their dark past from her ears and only tell her what’s important.

They pull back smiling like teenagers in love. “I should be going, will talk later.” Getting up and making her way out of the door with her hand holding on to Clarke. “Take your time to think about everything. I am truly sorry Clarke.”

“Enough said already.” Pulls her in, hoping to never let go. “There is nothing to think about apart from your cute face.” chuckling

“Still…”

“Alright, alright I’ll think about it.” Pecking her lips before watching her leave. She’s helped by Gustus in the car who waves at her with a little smile.

Closing the door Clarke calls her friends and arranges to have brunch with them. Letting them know what happened and the fact that she’s still married changes everything but not entirely.

“Mom?” Madi looking over the pancakes that she tried to make before she switched off the stove. “Are we ever going to eat today.” Picking a burned pancake and showing her mother. “It seems that woman distracted you mom.”

“I don’t know what you talking about.” She moves over the kitchen. “Now please eat your breakfast, juice or tea?”

“Tea,” chewing on a fruit.

****

“She did what?” Raven asked with her mouth full

“So you are still married to her?” Octavia adds to the pile of questions that are flocking around the tables.

After telling them what happened with Lexa in the morning. Wanting to understand every detail step by step. Raven joked around about that but became serious afterwards.