Chapter 6

A MONTH LATER

"I still need you to keep an eye on the inside of things." Lexa said, scanning through John Murphy's files.

She had being searching for the guy just to make sure he wasn't following Clarke around. When she found out he was locked up for gun possession and sexual assault, Lexa was somehow relived that he was not near Clarke and maybe just maybe he had forgotten about Clarke.

"I have some people in the inside taking care of that." Anya responded.

While talking about everything through the files. A drop of blood dripped on the paper Lexa was holding from her nose. It was hard for Anya to see her like this, her stubbornness really makes an appearance in these cases. She stood up, grabbed some tissues and handed them to Lexa.

"Have you seen your Doctor?" she asked, her voice cracking more than she wanted.

"No need, i'm fine."

"You're bleeding through your nose for the sixth time. That's not FINE!" 

There times when Anya had to act strong but seeing Lexa like this was heart breaking. She knows why Lexa hates Hospitals and everything that comes with it but still. She needed to put more effort than she is putting.

"Relax, it's just the side effects of the medication i'm on." 

It wasn't just the nose bleed. Lately she has being feeling abnormal fatigue. But she wasn't about to tell that to Anya because the woman would drag her to the hospital by her legs if she had too.

"Lexa.."

"Don't say it." she said, getting up from the chair and pacing around the room. "Dad fought cancer tooth and nail like a strong worrier he was for a years and years. You saw what it did to him. After everything he went through it still took him and now you want me to do the same? No, i will go to my check ups, take my medication on time, eat healthy but i'm not doing any more than that."

Stubborn as a Mule. Anya knew this conversation was like beating a dead horse. It's better left for another day.

****

"Madi are you ready ?" Clarke called from down stairs. Tonight was her first exhibition since Lexa left. This exhibition meant starting a new page without Lexa. After many tries of calling Lexa, Clarke was starting to accept reality that maybe Lexa will never come back and this is how their story ends.   

"I'm almost done mom!" Madi replied. A knock at the door then it opened letting Abby and Jake in.

Clarke had finally moved out of the house only because. her room kept reminding her of Lexa. There was always a piece  of Lexa in the room.  Abby and Jake's picture of them and Lexa. They tried to move around things but there was always that which they left behind. Like the picture of her and Lexa at the food carnival. Madi kept asking questions and it was all too much for Clarke. And that's how she found herself across town.

"Mom, Dad i thought i would meet you at the event" Clarke said hugging each of them.

"Well we thought if we go together and make memories with Madi it would be amazing or is it not?" Jake carefully said the last four words.

They all knew how important tonight was for Clarke. And even if they didn't know the full story between their daughter and the woman they consider their daughter's relationship they can have a pretty good guess about how Clarke was feeling.  And it has to be shitty.

***

"Congratulations Clarke!" Raven and Octavia yelled at the same time when they got her alone.