28. Abused Again

EDITED

Today Adeline was going on a date with her mate.

I was happy for her but I kind of felt jealous of her.

She got a mate who cares.

But I quickly replace that emotion with happiness. My friend does deserve someone who cares for her.

"Gosh I don't know what to wear and i have to leave in like one hour" she panicked.

"Okay okay calm down. You will be fine" I tried to calm her down but she was still panicking.

After a few minutes of a panicking Adeline she calmed down and started trying different outfits.

She finally pulled out a pink spaghetti strapped dress that reached up to her knees and white sandles.

I helped her straighten her hair and tied it into a pony tail then curled her bangs. She put on lip gloss and eye liner as her final touches.

She looked perfect.

"Wow, you Look super duper amazing" I complemented.

"You could stop traffic with that look. Chris is so damn lucky" I continue meaning every single word.

She giggles in response, hugs me good bye, takes her bag and leaves.

I sighed as loneliness dawned.

I walked to the sitting room and turned on the T.V. The plan was to watch SpongeBob SquarePants until Adeline gets back so she can tell me all about the date.

I was interrupted when i heard the land line phone ring and since no one was home even Jenna who went out with a friend, I picked it up.

"Hello Travis residences, how can I helped you" I say almost robotically.

"Umm yah Gem is that you" the voice echoes through the phone sounding familiar.

"Yah this is her who am i speaking to"

"It's me Alice"

I keep quiet.

"Are you there"

"What do you want" i snapped

"Look can we talk, I just need to apologize for...for everything but not on the phone please come home" She says sadly. Or at least sounding so.

I-

"How do I know that this is not a trap of some sort"

"Its not...I promise. After we are done talking you can leave. I feel guilty for everything"

She sounded sad.
Maybe she really was feeling guilty.

"We?"

"Yah me and dad. I promise he won't harm you. He has changed."

"I don't know..." I hesitate

"Just please...the guilt is killing both of us. Please" She begged almost sobbing.

I sighed deeply but agree. Maybe this can help me find closure, maybe this will help to put an end to the nightmares.

She said I could come during lunch, so I went and took a shower then wore black jeans and a gray T-shirt.

I didn't know how to get to Alice so I decided to call Jake and ask him for a ride.

"Hey..Jake?"

"What's up luna"

"Can you give me a ride, I um... I need to go somewhere"

"Does Chase know where you are going"

Agg just say yes.