17. Funarel Approval.

EDITED

Today was Friday and school was out 2 hours ago.

Me and Adeline were building up the courage to go and ask her dad for permission to go to my mom's funeral.

I agreed to come home but Alice didn't know that I was not planning on staying. I wasjust gonna attend the funeral then leave maybe get some of my belonging but that's it. Thats only if Adeline's dad agrees.

Alice told me that the funeral was going to be on Sunday, she said that it was originally gonna be on Saturday but moms body went for an otopsy, to check what killed her.

The funeral was gonna be held at Longgone cemetery.

If Adelines dad agrees we needed to first go to my old home before we went to the cemetery so I can get my belongings.

"Let's just go in and get this over with" Adeline said. We were standing outside her dad's office.

"Okay, on three"

"One"

"Two"

Before I could even say three Adeline opened the door and walked in. Chase was sitting on the couch that was on the left side of the room and Mr Travis was sitting on an office chair working on Some papers.

They looked at us and I gulped.

"Um..hey dad" Adeline said looking as calm as ever.

"Hello Mr Travis, if you are not too busy we would like to talk to you" I said.

Breath in
Breath out

Again

Breath in
Breath out

"You can sit down" he said pointing at two seats that were in front of his desk.

We said down. I could feel Chases eyes burning holes on my back making me even more nervous.

Breath Gem breath.

"So what brings you two ladies in my office" he said breaking the silence.

"Umm Mr Travis..sir Iwaswonderingifyouwouldpleaseallowmetogotomymomsfuneral" I said well more of blurted out.

"Well dear can you say that again maybe a little slower this time" he said chuckling.

"Sorry. I was wondering if you would please allow me to go to my mom's funeral this Sunday"

"As mu-" before he could finish Adeline interrupted.

"I will go with her in case of any trouble"

"Why would you want to go to her funeral, I mean she clearly didn't love you" Chase said clearing annoyed.

"She is still my mother" I said, feeling stupid under his gaze. He must think I'm nieve.

Adeline smiled noticing Chase and I staring at each other while her dad had a smirk on his face as if noticing something I didn't.

Whats up with this family.

I could have sworn Chases eyes turned gold but when I blinked they changed back to their normal silver making me wonder if I imagined it.

Tore our gaze feeling a little confused and a flushed.

Did his eyes actually turn gold....

I clear my throat and looked back at Mr Travis with a light blush on my cheeks. The air was awkward making me shift from my seat.

"Umm so what do you say dad" Adeline luckily broke the silence.

"Okay you may go but right after the funeral you need to come back" he said then dismissed us.

I felt a weight lift from my shoulders. Thank goodness he agreed.

"Well that went well! Let's go look for outfits, as much as this is a funeral we need to look amazing! Do you have any hot cousins?" Adeline says while we were walking to her room to choose her clothes first.

"Ladies. You are looking overly beautiful today especially you Adeline" A guy i think named Jake shouted walking towards us.

"I'm always looking beautiful Jack" Adeline shot back.

"How can I be stupid ofcause you do. You look good enough to eat" he winked at her.

"If I had a ma- I mean boyfriend he would have killed you"

"Well then luckily you don't" Jake said now entering the study that we just came out of not after blowing a kiss toward my direction or maybe Adelines.

"Isn't he just a joy" Adeline said rolling her eyes.

"He's cute though" I said giggling. I could see them together.

"Not as cute as my brother right"

"Why are you shipping me and Chase"

"Well I think you two just look cute together. I'm Gase forever"

"What's Gas- wait don't tell me you made a Ship name for us"

She just giggles and opens the door to her room.

Chase is way out of my league, plus who would want a girl with scars and a tragic past. I sure wouldn't.

I couldn't deny that Chase was a very good looking guy and I was attracted to him as many girls are.

My thoughts on their own drifted to the first time we met....when he was naked.

I could feel my checks heating up.

"You're thinking about my brother aren't you" Adeline giggles.

"Um..what! Of course not" I blurted. My cheeks turning a darker shade of red.

She just laughed while making kissing sounds making me blush even more.