2. Lucky

I got out of the house and started  walking to school. I lived in a very quiet nabourhood, in fact I lived  in a very quiet town. Boring and uneventful but those two things brought in safety...at least from criminals but for me, I was never safe.

Once I got to school, the school creatively named Moonlight high also known as ML high, it was also the name of the uneventful town. The name and its history was about the only interesting thing you woud ever find in this town. The myths about werewolves once invading this very land and naming it Moonlight because they believed the moon shone brighter for their pack alone something about the moon choosing them.

I rushed to my locker as quick as I could with the goal to collect my books and go to my first class while avoiding the risk of running into my sister and her friends but luck wasn't by my side unfortunately, it was never by my side anyday because my sister and her friends were walking towards me, a sinister grin plastered on Alice's face.

"Where are you rushing to?" Alice asks acting like she actually cares but I knew better. I was scared of course but I've learned that showing them that you were scared just made the whole bully Gem thing more fun so I just stared at her with a blank expression waiting for that one blow that would leave me with a hand print bruise.

"When I saw daddy hit you yesterday, I almost felt guilty for blaming you for my lost bracelet but then I though why do I care. " She whispered with humor finding the most sinister acts funny.

"In fact because of the guilt I felt I'm gonna punish you for it. Just so I assure myself that I haven't gone soft." she laughs.

She pushes me against the locker making the belt marks from last night throb. I winced in pain.

"Girls take care of her." she says walking away probably looking for one of her flings. She was never one to get her hands dirty so she left the dirty work to her friends. Slaves would be a better term.

Not a minute after, one of her friends Sam slap me across the face and Aria pushes me onto the ground and so begins a one sided fight. I could fight back, I probably should but I knew if I did it would only get worse. So I endured.

Once they were satisfied with their work they left, leaving me bruised and in pain. I stood up making the pain ache much more, much to my dismay and went to the toilets and sat on the floor and let the overdue tears fall.

I have always wondered why no one hasn't noticed that I was bullied in school, but this is what I was saying. No one cared.

Is this how it's gonna be like forever? Was I gonna forever be deprived of the emotion of happiness.

I don't think I could take this life any longer.....I just want it all to end maybe then I'd find my happiness. I'm sure that's more peaceful then this sorry excuse of a life.

After what seemed like 10 minutes of self pity, I cleaned my self up and went to class smelling like the toilets hand wash as I had to clean the wounds. I was desperate to get to class, I needed the distraction that came with learning.

After school I took my homework from my locker and put it in my bag then started walking home. I saw a car zoom passed me and as expected it was Alice in her car, a privilege I was told I'd never get. Not that I dreamed that far anyway.

I didn't mind not having a car because walking home was the only time of peace I had, with the light breeze gently whispering in my ears and the mysterious forest beside me looking beautiful as it always does.

This was the calm before the storm and I enjoyed every second of it.

Once I got home, to my luck, dad wasn't here so no additional bruises today.

I got started with my homework then later on I made supper, I always cooked and I honesty enjoyed it too. I taught myself from watching my mom cook and she would also show me some tricks around the kitchen every once in a while. Once I was old enough to do it on my own she then stopped cooking and allowed me to do it. Mom wasn't all that bad, I didn't hate her as much as everyone else.

I was finally done cooking so I ate my portion of the food not bothering to wait for my parents to arrive because when they got here I wouldn't get a chance to eat. After supper I went to my room and started drawing. I didn't know what I was drawing though, I just let my fingers and hand glide across the paper.

Alice was probably at one of her boyfriends house. Nothing abnormal there.

My thoughts were disrupted by the door downstairs opening and I knew right away that my parents had arrived, so I quickly ran down stairs and served supper for them then I went back upstairs to my room. After an hour or so Alice arrived and I gave her, her supper, washed the dishes then went to sleep. Today wasn't all that bad I just hoped the nightmares didn't ruin the tolerable day.

 Today wasn't all that bad I just hoped the nightmares didn't ruin the tolerable day