Highschool & Unspoken

Nelly and I were walking to Liam's house after school to go watch their band practice while Nelly was explaining to me what happened with Harry in their class they had together. She told me how he kept begging her to tell him what was bothering me that I had to ignore him the whole day. Nelly being the bestfriend she is, didn't say anything. But she almost blew it when she accidentally told him that he broke my heart ... Again.

"I'm so sorry Bails. I know I almost told him but please forgive me it was an accident and it came out!" She begged me as we kept walking down the street.

I sighed and shrugged. "I forgive you."

"Thank you so much Bails. I promise never ever to do that again." She engulfed me into a hug and held me tightly.

I smiled at her once we let go. "It's okay. At least he didn't get a clue to what you were saying." I sighed again and began walking. We were only a few blocks away from Liam's house and I could already hear them.

Harry, Liam, Louis, Niall, and Zayn were not only football players but also band members. The five of them had always had a passion for music and had angelic voices so one afternoon when we were hanging out at Louis' house and had nothing to do, they thought of forming a band.

It was basically Harry and Liam's idea. Louis thought it was a joke so he started laughing, Zayn thought it was a stupid idea especially for being the five most attractive football players at school, and Niall was the only one who at first agreed with Li and Haz.

It took a while to convince Louis and Zayn but after one band practice, they jumped into the idea. That was last year in sophomore year and now here they were a year later. They've gotten a few gigs and played at the highschool parties but they didn't take it seriously. They just thought it was fun and adventurous. It's not like they were planning on being the biggest boy band who have a billion fangirls screaming in their faces and begging for them to marry them.

I smiled at that possibility as I kept walking and hearing the boys' voices.

"Hey Bails?" Nelly asked.

"Yeah?" I turned to face her.

"Do you ever think of telling Harry the truth? You know, your true feelings for him?"

I looked down at the sidewalk and shook my head. "No. I can't. Last time I did that I got rejected. I don't want to feel rejected again."

"What if Harry doesn't reject you?"

"Why wouldn't he reject me? I'm not perfect, I'm not blonde, I'm not tall, I'm not his type. What's there to love about me? Nothing. You've seen my past relationships and how they didn't work out because of me. How do you expect mine and Harry's to if I do ever get the chance?" By now I started crying because I couldn't hold it in.

"Listen to me Bailey Rose Becks, you might not be Harry's type but who cares? Maybe he thought that was his type but looking at you changed everything. What's there to love about you? Did you seriously ask that? You're funny, sensitive, careless, beautiful, and so much other shit that goes on and on. You're past relationships didn't work because you didn't love those assholes. You love Harry and that could change everything making it all work out. I love you Bailey. I just want you to be happy." She said and she was crying too.

"I love you,too. You're my bestfriend Nelly." I hugged her.

"Promise me you'll tell Harry." She sniffed.

"Someday." I answered.

---

Once we stopped crying and having our girl moment, we walked to Liam's house and knocked on his door. I could hear the boys' laughter from the garage. Probably Louis making jokes.