Highschool & Speaking

All of a sudden, there was a knock on my window. I'm traumatized so of course I jumped when the knocking scared me. I carefully grabbed the baseball bat under my hand while tip toeing. The knocking continued as I walked to the window, getting ready to swing. I couldn't really tell who the person was but I did notice some dark curls.

"Bailey?" The deep voice asked through the window.

"Who is it?" I asked, taking a few steps closer to the window.

"H-Harry." He shivered.

"Harry?"

"Yeah. Can you let me in? It's freezing out here."

I placed the baseball bat gentley on my desk before opening the window and letting Harry inside. He wore a white t-shirt and his usual jeans. As he brushed his arm against mine, I felt his goosebumps. He also didn't smell like alcohol at all. More like colone. He continued to shiver while I just stood there surprised by his appearance.

"Were you going to hit me with that?" He asked, wrapping his arms closer to himself and gesturing to the baseball bat on my desk with his head.

"Uh, yeah. I got scared." I said.

Harry laughed, still trying to warm himself up with his arms.

"Do you want a blanket?" I asked.

He nodded. "Yeah."

I walked to my closet and pulled out my Elmo blanket that I've had since I was two and unfolded it. While I closed my closet, Harry set at the edge of my bed, still wrapped in his arms.

"Here." I wrapped the blanket around his shoulders while he wrapped it around himself. He continued to shiver but it soon decreased as he was getting warm. "What are you doing here?" I whispered as I sat next to him.

He turned to me. "I missed you. I hated not being able to talk to my bestfriend." I could see the sincerity in his eyes while he spoke. "No matter what happens, you'll still be my bestfriend."

Did he really mean that?

"I know you don't want to tell me your secret and it's okay. I'll wait until you're ready. I don't want this to affect our friendship. You'll always be my bestfriend." He continued while placing his hand ontop of mine.

I nodded. "Thank you."

He smiled. "Welcome." He then opened his arms and pulled me into them and into the warmth of his body and the blanket. I wrapped my arms around his waist and smiled. I had my bestfriend back.

After a moment of silence, I was the one to speak first. "I still can't believe you came here out in the cold. Nobody's ever done that for me. Especially just to apologize."

"Well I would do anything for you." He whispered in my ear, giving me goosebumps and making my heart race.

I smiled again. There were so many reasons why I loved Harry. And this was one of them. He made you feel safe and would do anything to put a smile on your face. He was one of a kind. Too bad he wasn't mine.

-----

I let Harry stay so he wouldn't go outside in the cold again. We both slept on my bed and to be honest, it wasn't ackward. We grabbed a bunch of blankets and layed next to eachother on our sides facing eachother. Even though we were wrapped in five blankets, it was still cold so Harry wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me against his chest.

I blushed but I didn't mind. His arms made me feel comforted and safe. Always. I woke up at two in the morning. I couldn't sleep. The urge to tell him was hitting me more than ever. Tell him Bailey, I told myself. But he's sleeping, I contradicted myself.