Imagine | Revenant's final day | Revenant x Loba but it's not what you think

Revenant sighed, entering the translocating thief's room.

As he opened the door, the simulacrum could see Loba. She ran her fingers through her hair, as her braids were undone, and her hair was flowing freely.

Loba glanced at the synthetic nightmare, and groaned, "What do you want, demon?"

Revenant hesitated to speak, but did after a few seconds passed. "I want the source code, now."

The female had heard this demand every single day. She grew tired of hearing it. She knew Revenant wanted to die, but the thief made her decision.

Let the demon suffer. It's what he deserves...

"You aren't getting it from me, demonío. I have decided that you don't deserve to die. I'll make sure of it. This is what happens when you kill my parents..."

The simulacrum grew furious, and grabbed the woman by her neck, throwing her against the wall, and holding a knife near her throat.

"If you don't tell me now, YOU will be the one who dies..." He threatened.

Of course Revenant didn't mean it. He figured that Loba shouldn't get the sweet release of death either, he just wanted the threaten her.

"If you kill me, any chance of you dying will be gone for years. I suggest you put me down..." The female blurted out, almost unable to speak.

She's right.

Revenant released his grip on Loba, allowing her to drop to the floor.

But that gesture meant nothing. Revenant would get what he wants, someday...

Though he didn't know what to do, until he started speaking once again.

"Please..."

The woman gasped, turning around to face her nightmare. "What?"

"Please, Loba..." The synthetic nightmare begged, "End my life for once! I have lived for centuries. It's pain. Pure pain. The killing was all I could do to cope. I promise to you, we will both be happy if you end my life..."

In that very moment, Loba changed. She almost felt, bad for the killer. She may have lost her family, but Revenant has lost so much more.

All he wanted was for the pain to end.

She bit her lip, and then smiled. "Okay. I'll do it..."

The female revealed the simulacrum's source code. It was in her room all along.

She prepared it, and after the synthetic nightmare was vulnerable, she aimed a Wingman at Revenant's head.

And just before she took the shot, Revenant spoke up one more time.

"Thank you, Loba..."

It wasn't fake, mocking, or even sarcastic. Revenant was being genuine.

He was genuinely happy and thankful for Loba.

"You're welcome..." Loba responded, and took the shot.

The simulacrum's body fell to the ground, and he would never come back.

I hope you are happy now, demon.

I know I am...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, let me explain!

The Loba x Revenant in this story, you can interpret it however you want, but I implied that it is platonic!

I would actually like to see Revenant being grateful for Loba, just once.

Not having romantic feelings for here, but just nothing beyond platonic!