••••

Today was his mother's seventh death annversary, not that he cared about the woman anyway. She had trapped his dad through a marriage contract and took him from his true love, his papa. The young Prince fell into the trap of the witch. What can I say? Love always finds a way back. He was grateful, his papa had fought for his Dad, and sent the witch to Askaban, where she died. But he never showed the prejudice he held against his mother to him. His papa loved him, more than his Dad.

Severus got out of his bed. A warm bath is all he needed now. Later he would go and find Newt Scammander. Newt was his best friend, a Ravenclaw. He wasn't like the others and was tolerable and quiet interesting to keep around. The Slytherin quickly washed himself and went to the forbidden forest where he was sure to find Newt.

"Hey Sev" Severus jumped two feet up in the sky.

"What the hell Newt? I would have crucioed you". Newt just chuckled in response and continued to speak about whichever creature he had talked to. Severus just took out his potions book.

"Well, well, if it isn't Snivellous and his boyfriend". Newt was cut off by the familiar voice of their long term bullys. The marauders.

"Fuck off Black" The Slytherin spat back and returned to his book.

" See you in at dinner git". The said black sneered at his before collecting his little dimwitted minions and running off the castle.

His life was getting harder each minute. One, he knew that Lucius was pulling a marriage contract with him, and the spring was coming, he would need his mate. Just amazing.

" Severus , you are zoning out." Newt wrapped his hands around Severus' squeezing it gently. He knew about Severus being a neko. In simple words, Newt need not to be told about something, he always has his nargles to keep him updated, whatever that thing is.

" You just need some fresh air". He dragged him out of the table.

" Newt stop, let's go back. I am still hungry."

"No sev, I am not letting you go until you tell me what is wrong with you."

" Fine Newt, I need to find my mate before spring and God know who that is".

What he didn't know was, the very person who was his mate was hiding behind a piller along with his friends and plotting something devilish. James and his friends soon left after these words spilled from his mouth.

Only one thing roamed in James' mind.

' Tomorrow is going to be interesting'