The Rejection

The next day was like any other day to Severus. He met with Newt and Lilly and had a proper breakfast, but it was too peacful to be true.. Also there were no sign of the marauders.

Suddenly James entered the hallway with his goons trailing behind him. He stood in one of the tables and faced the entire hall

" To all my friends, I am a werewolf. I have a mate.( This earned a lot of hushed whispers from the hall, especially from ladies). And I have found him( this earned a lot of disappointed moans) Yes you heard it right. It's a him. But I am not gay and even if I as, I would never fall for a pathetic Slytherin like him.

Things were starting to make sense.

" He is nothing but dirt under my shoes an deserve to rot in hell. I would prefer to marry a tree than get together with him. And so I James Potter reject you Severus Prince as my mate".

All eyes turned to him.

Severus felt suffocated.

He couldn't breath.

He stood and slowly walked out of the hall.

" Well that was fun" James laughed as he sat down and started having his drink. None of the teachers seemed to be fazed with his stunt, in fact he was quiet sure that he saw McGonagall and Dumbledore smirking. He loved his life.

Severus' life in the other hand was taking drastic changes. He can't be more that happy to be rejected by James. But that wasn't the matter. There was only one single problem.

Lucius.

Somehow Lucius had learnt that the Prince had some magical binding with Malfoys that wasn't used for may centuries. The only thing that was preventing him from marrying Severus was his mate, who turned to a dork. Now after this public rejection, Severus was sure that Lucius was already on the move.

He was sitting in the dark arts classroom, watching in fascination as the teacher favoured the Griffindors. More that half the class mocked him. Which wasn't new.

That's when a note appeared at the teachers table.

" Severus Snape, you are requested to immediately return home."

Severus thanked whichever God sent this letter.

He quickly got to the head masters office where he used the floo to get home

He saw both hiss dads waiting for him at the fireplace.

" Sev". They pulled him to a tight hug.

" We are so Sorry sev". His papa sobbed hard.

" Tell me the matter dad".

His dad just looked away. His eyes were also red , veins protruding in his neck and forehead.

" Dad, tell me "

" Please follow me Sev. Please stay here Nicol, I need to speak with him alone"

He followed his dad to his study. Once he entered, the doors slammed shut.

" You are getting engaged"