The friend

Hogwarts was beautiful, Tom could see that. He admired the great architecture and exquisite taste. Even the smell of old parchments and woods that lingered in the air was seren. Now he wonders why he opted to get homeschooled rather than coming here.

They both got into the carriage pulled by thestrals, invisible to anyone who haven't witnessed death. But he wasn't going to tell that to Severus.

He also wanted to ask him about James. Out of the four, he felt James burning gaze. The other two had fallen asleep on the train, but not James. James just stared at Severus who was sleeping on Tom's shoulder. And yes, Tom did not like that, not one bit. He wondered why the guy was so much interested in Severus.

Soon after train reached a stop, Severus led Tom to an empty carriage. But before they could even start the journey, the annoying three had joined him along with another boy. Can't he have one moment of peace with his husband?

The carriage halted to a stop and they were led to a grand hall. It was lit by floating candles and bright fire lamps. The ceiling mirrored the sky. There were four tables. The tables were almost filled. He watched as his mate sat down in one of table as he was dragged away for sorting.

" Slytherin ". The hat roared. Of course, in his opinion, the sorting was an utter waste of time, he wasn't brave or extraordinarily smart or very warm and kind. He was sly as a snake.

He noticed that teachers were less enthusiastic about his placement in Slytherin. Soon he figured out that there was an unspoken contempt against Slytherins. Ravenclaws were okay with them, they stood with power and knowledge, so it was expected of them. Hufflepuffs ignore them and treated them like plague.

Griffindor was the worst. He had even heard someone shouting unholly things when the hat screamed Slytherin. But he wasn't generalising, for example, there was this girl with flaming red hair who looked extremely happy for him and clapped genuinely. Must be a Muggle born.

He gently walked towards his mate and sat down next to him. He didn't kno why Severus chose to sit at the far end, but he appreciated it. Finally, peace.

" Hey Sev " Tom narrowed his eyes at the boy with huge load of freckles and a dirty  brown hair who appeared  out of blue. Why was a badger amoung snakes, Moreover why was he with his snake?

He looked at Severus who also smiled at the said boy. Severus turned to him and blushed.

On the other hand Newt was looking between the two. On was his best friend. And Severus blushed, thus Newt knew that the world was going to end ( don't be dramatic Newt! )

" This is Tom Riddle-

" His husband" Tom filled in, better claim his wife now so that he can clear any misunderstandings in future. In other words he wanted the boy to know that his Severus was off limits, whoever the guy was.

" Hi, I am Newt Scamander "

" You are not gonna ask anything ?" Severus asked him.

" About what ?"

" About us being husband?"

" Nope, nargles told me "