Insecurities

"I have to go now,I'm having a meeting with my board of directors so I'll go now".He kiss me and left.

I ate the rest of my breakfast,I also have to get back to work.I wore a short skirt with a white shirt and a heel.I put on make-up and lock my door.I check my phone and there wasn't any missed calls or text messages.I drove to the company,I got there early and everyone was so busy with their work.I greeted and they welcomed back.Samson the assistant to My Harrison came to me.

"You are late,Mr Harrison is waiting for you in his office".

Mr Harrison?Jake's Dad is back from London?when?and he didn't tell me?.

I rush to his office and carefully knock before he asked me to come in.I took a deep breath and went in.He was sitting on his desk with his glass on and checking some things."Mr Harrison good morning".

He smile at me,"Morning Kenzie,Sit".

I obeyed and adjusted myself on the seat,"I didn't know you were back".

He look upset as I said those words,"You didn't know?I came back and I told you several times,I called you a milion times and texted you a lot of messages but none you replied to,I was very upset".

I was suprise,I checked my phone last night there wasn't any messages and also checked it this morning there was none."There must have been a mistake sir,I really didn't see any messages or calls either on my phone or else I would have called you immediately".

He open his phone and showed me the messages he sent to me and the missed calls.It must be Xander,he did this I can't believe he would do this to me......"I'm so sorry sir-

"Call me Anthony I don't want you calling me sir,I'm your step-father remember?".He said and I cleared my throat.

"I told your Mom about my arrival,she was unsure of what to do.She wanted to come back to Seattle".

"She should,you two are married and you should stay together and plus Jake and I are over,we can't be together anymore.We are a family now".He nod his head in approval.

"Is-he-back?".He shot his head up.

"Yes I texted you about that too but you didn't pick up.He has changed a lot,more smart and business like".

"We have all change,We all went to college and graduated,then we all went to our different paths in life.Experience really did taught us a lot".

"Well I'm glad you'll learn,do you want to see him after you're done here?".

I didn't know what to say,I wanted to see him,I needed to see him just once after so many weeks and a month has pass,"I would love to".I smile and went out of the office.

After my work,I was so anxious to meet Jake.I drove to the new house he bought,his Dad gave me the address.I took a deep breath before I rang the doorbell,I was so anxious and scared to see him again.I ponder on going back home to get more ready but a maid open the door,She invited me to enter and I got more nervous.The house was modern and simple,There was a piano at the other side.Jake amound from the stairs,his hands in his pocket.He looks so neat and different.His lips parted when he saw me and he stood there gazing at me.We smile at each other,I ran to the stairs and hug him,I miss him lot,it's been a long while.He is back.

"So why didn't you call or text?".I ask him after we sat down on the couch.

"I didn't know what to say,I hurt you and I couldn't face you-

"You had to go to London,it was your dream to work as your father's heir and you did it".

"Still I left you,when I found out Dad and your Mom already got married.I couldn't deal with the pain and at the same time I found out my Mom is in London she told me she needed help and even though I really hated her for leaving me I still wanted to see her.I couldn't bring myself to tell you I'm leaving cause I know you will wait for me for as long as I stay there and I didn't want you to waste your life waiting.My future is in London,Mom needed me in London,we couldn't be together even if we wanted to and I can't bear it so I just stayed in London".