Chapter 52: Expecto Patronum

After the Christmas holidays were over and the term had started, so had the DA meetings.

We had moved on from spells like stupefy and Reducto and now harry was instructing us on how to cast a Patronus.

School hadn't been the best recently, with Umbridge taking over more and more and making life a living hell, and Harry's condition hadn't been the best.

By condition, I mean health.

He had been sleeping terribly, almost every night being woken up in puddles of sweat from nightmares, and I knew how that felt.

They had gotten especially bad since the night before we were headed home, and he had seen Arthur Weasley being attacked by a snake in the ministry.

Mr Weasley was on the road to Recovery now, but that didn't put any ones mind at much ease.

It was clear that Voldemort was getting stronger.

'Think of your happiest memory Ginny!' harry called as he made laps around the room, sending words of encouragement to the students as we all attempted to cast a Patronus

I watched as a trail of bright white and blue lights burst out from the tip of the girls wand, taking form of a large and elegant horse.

People stopped and stared in amazement as the animal started to gallop around the room.

'Brilliant!' harry exclaimed as he watched the girl in awe, causing her to blush at his compliment.

'Okay George your next'

'Expecto Patronum!'

Like it did with Ginny, the bright lights flew from his wand and twisted into the air, the tail of the rope-like structure formed a bird, one that I believed to be a magpie.

Fred uttered the spell beside him, his wand mirroring the same as what Georges did, and another magpie was flying alongside each other.

'Kaylee, give it a shot' harry said, putting his hands on my shoulders as i stopped spinning my wand with my fingers and held it ready to cast the spell.

'Expecto Patronum'

Nothing happened.

'Try again' Harry encouraged

'Expecto Patronum'

Again, nothing happened.

'Use a really happy memory, the happiest you've ever felt'

'I am!'

'Try a different memory'

'Like what?' I sigh, getting rather annoyed by the fact I couldn't cast the spell like the others.