Chapter 42: Distractions

A month had passed since I first arrived.

I spent every day locked in my room, drinking, smoking and sleeping.

I couldn't remember the last time i had eaten and i wasnt doing well.

I had spiralled once before, about two years ago now in the summer after my breakup with Cedric.

I went completely off the grid, doing drugs, drinking, loosing myself. I had a habit of being able to let the darkness absolve me, and it had happened again.

Ive lost a lot of weight, constantly lightheaded and exhausted from doing nothing.

*knock*knock*knock

'Come in' I call weakly as I lay awake in bed, it was now around midday and I hadn't gotten up yet.

'Hey Mini pad' lupin called as he walked inside, I smiled at the nickname he called me.

'Sorry, I'll get out of bed soon' I say whilst yawning , my eyes red and head spinning.

'No rush sweetheart' He smiled kindly, i knew that both he and dad had been at a loss at how to help me.

'Thanks, moony' I say, ever since they had told me about the marauders, I had called him that, he seemed to like it as whenever I said it, he smiled.

'Tonks can take you shopping today if you'd like?'

'Really?' I ask at the mention of my favourite thing to do.

'She's been desperate for another girl around here recently, she's downstairs at the minute' 

'I'd love that' I say with a soft smile.

'Great, well get changed and I'll tell her to be ready in an hour?' he asks as I nod.

He starts to walk back towards the door.

'Moony'

he turns back around to face me.

'Thank you' 

He smiles and tilts his head before leaving.

I reluctantly pulled myself out of bed, and headed towards the wardrobe whilst rubbing my eyes.

I was only wearing Fred's jumper, that was extremely oversized on me, and a pair of black pants.

The weather in London was rather hot as it was the start of summer, I pulled out a simple white tennis skirt and a light blue sweater vest

I let my natural Brown waves fall down my shoulders as I didn't have the energy to straighten or curl it today.

I splash my face with freezing cold water, in an attempt to get rid of my red eyes from crying and put a tad of colour back in my pale cheeks.