15

"Welcome home, Cap."

Those words meant everything to him. While he'd been born over a century prior, Steve felt like this time - here, now - was where he was supposed to be. Just after he woke up several years ago, he would have given anything to go back, to be with Peggy or even die a war hero. But things had changed, his home had changed. He had people here who loved him, and a future that was just beginning.

/////

The days of bed-rest quickly passed - thoroughly helped by having Natasha by his side.

Today, Steve could finally get back to training. This, however, left conversations to be had.

Natasha had just woken up, shortly after the father of her child, who was getting dressed as she blinked open her eyes.

"Good morning, you two," Steve said brightly, coming over and kissing her forehead.

"Morning," Nat replied, "You're up early," she noted. She knew how desperate he must be to get back to it all.

"Yeah, I was just going to head to the gym," Steve said nonchalantly, as though nothing had ever happened.

Natasha raised a brow. "Already? I mean, are you sure?" She asked, slowly rising out of bed now. As time passed, mobility wasn't exactly becoming Natasha's forté.

"I'll be fine - I just want to get back to it all. As much as I love spending time with you, I want to get back to my work, my life," Steve said. Natasha scoffed and shook her head. The lack of self-awareness astounded her. "What?" questioned a confused Steve.

Without a word, Natasha's only response was to gesture to her now enormous bump. Steve gulped.

"Sorry," Steve mumbled. Natasha felt her blood boil, and it wasn't just hormones making her angry. She was pissed off.

"Really, Steven? You're 'sorry'? You stopped me doing the job I love for months because you decided I was too fragile, but when you get shot, it's fine - I should just let you get on with it?!" She was yelling so loud her voice echoed through every room in the tower. Natasha stormed out the room, still wearing a t-shirt she stole of Steve that she wore to bed.

After a moment's thought, Steve chased her down the corridor. "Wait, Nat," he called, "I'm sorry! Can... Can we talk?"

His cries were interrupted by the entrance of Pepper, who was breathing heavily, and looked as though she was in a lot of pain. "Shit, Pepper, you alright?" Steve said, placing a hand on one of her shoulders.

Through quick breaths, she squeezed out the words, "The baby." Steve's eyes widened as he realised what was happening, and Natasha's attention was drawn over as well.

"Oh okay," Steve nodded, taking it all in, "Uh... Nat's going to stay with you, I'll go get help." Steve glanced at Natasha for confirmation, which she okayed, then began comforting Pepper. Steve ran off to find Tony.

/////

As Steve ran to Tony's office, where he suspected he most likely was, he bumped into Sam on the way.

"Sam, hey, have you seen Tony?" He said, puffing from his first run after the incident.

Sam replied, "Uh, yeah, he's out on a run in the park - everything good with you?"

Steve, still catching his breath, said, "Yeah, no, I'm good... It's Pepper - the baby." A look of realisation, panic and excitement overcame Sam all at once.

"Right, got it," Sam said, calling the elevator to take them down, "Is there someone with Pepper?"

"Nat's with her," Steve replied, getting in and pressing the ground floor button.

Sam and Steve arrived on the ground floor, and immediately ran to the park to find Tony. For once, Sam could actually keep up with Steve.

It took mere seconds before they spotted Tony, running laps with his earbuds in. They sprinted over to catch up to him. Tony paused and unplugged his earbuds, confused to see them there. Tony's furrowed brows did all the question-asking for him.

"Tony, it's Pepper," Steve huffed and puffed, still smiling, "The baby's coming."

Tony's jaw dropped, and, in silence, he turned and dashed all the way back to the tower. If there was one thing he couldn't miss, it was the birth of his daughter.

/////

When Tony found his wife, she was propped up on some cushions, laying down with her knees up. This was a woman who was about to give birth.

Natasha was talking her through it, though it seemed she hadn't started pushing yet. She noticed Tony walk in before Pepper.

"Tony, finally! Jesus, Steve took his time," she yelled, "I guess I'll leave you to take over - I'll ring Pepper's midwife, okay?"

/////

It would be another 6 hours before Morgan H. Stark met this world, but my, was it a magical moment when she did.

Everybody was waiting patiently in the lounge, anticipating the moment Tony would walk out and announce the news they so longed to here. They were discussing who would be godparents just as the door creaked open.

A beaming Tony stepped out, overjoyed.

"She's here," he whispered, smiling.

A/N

Hey guys! Awwhh, exciting stuff happening in the Stark family!! So cute!

Just wanted to thank you guys for reading, as we hit 5k reads! 😮😄 The positive feedback on this story has been unreal. You all inspire me to keep writing with your kind words.

All the thanks in the world,

Olly