Jungkook pt.5

"No, Y/N, turn to your left a little", Jungkook frustratedly sighs behind the camera lens.

"Your left or my left?"

He pauses. "....left."

To any outside eye, you and Jungkook look like two buffoons trying to take pictures on what might possibly be the windiest day of the season, under the peach blossom trees. Jungkook had called you earlier that day and stressed about how he needed mixed media in his beloved portfolio, and photographs were the next topic of interest. Though you couldn't understand why he couldn't just set out a fruit bowl on his windowsill and call it still life photography.

Jungkook stares down at his camera, dissatisfaction clear on his face. You almost want to apologize for your abhorrent modeling skills but hey, he was the one that chose you.

"Hmm...try staring at that boat in the distance", he dictates, standing beside you and aiming the lens at your side profile. You do as he asks, but don't hear the shutter of the camera. Jungkook sighs again and leans forward, so close you could feel his warm breath hitting your skin. You hope he doesn't notice the beet blush on your cheeks.

Jungkook's hands meet your chin when he uses it to slightly tilt your face downwards. He positions you in the way that he wants you to pose and you finally understand why photography is considered an art. Because it's almost as if Jungkook is molding you like clay, to get the silhouette he wants to capture with his camera lens. The day is brisk, but his skin on your's lights you on fire.

"Okay, that's.....that's perfect", Jungkook breathes, hurriedly picking up the camera that had been hanging onto his neck by the strap and angling it. At the moment his index finger presses down on the button, there is a gust of wind that surrounds the both of you.

The breeze loosens a strand of your hair and it falls into your eyes. You let your eyes drift close for a second, smiling into the cold air that tingles on your skin. Jungkook's breath catches in his throat and he thanks the skies for the howling wind so you wouldn't be able to hear his thumping heartbeat. But surely it's only because it's cold. And absolutely nothing else. Jungkook coughs inconspicuously to snap himself out of his trance, sighing in relief when he realizes your eyes are still closed and that you hadn't noticed his internal struggle.

He drags you to a bridge next and makes you lay on the cold wood to which you vehemently object before you remember that he's paying you and that you want him to fall in love with you, not dislike you more than he already does. After the bridge, Jungkook makes you kneel beside the park pond and dip your hand in the icy water and you find yourself wanting to do the same thing to his precious camera.

Before the two of you have realized, the sun sets into the horizon and tinges the sky in a combination of purples and pinks that Jungkook himself has a hard time replicating on canvas. He aims his lens at the clouds and takes a picture that he knows won't make it into his gallery. He just felt the need to have something to remember this day by. For no reason in particular...

A buzzing coming from your coat pocket alerts you both of the time that has passed and how the sky has considerably darkened since you began the session. When you fish your phone out, Jimin's contact photo is staring back at you while the marimba ringtone continues playing. You put the phone on speaker.

"Hey Jiminie", you smile and Jungkook catches a glance of it. And the discomfort in his chest is definitely, 100%, not jealousy. Not at all.

"I told you not to call me that! What is with you younger people and your disrespect for the elderly?" The corner of Jungkook's lips twitch into a subtle smile at the similarity of your's and his conversations with Jimin.

"Okay, okay, grandpa. What's up?"

"Can you come home ASAP? I may or may not have broken the stove trying to make soup."