Chapter 26

Dana

I am meeting my last hope today. If she can't help me, I don't know anymore. Sinunod ko ang payo nila Ate Traea at Ate Mara.

"Do you want anything, Ma'am?"

"Hmmmn, Oh, I want a slice of Smores and an Orange Juice."

I was shocked, this is the first time I am seeing someone at her age ordering a very sweet cake with a very sweet drink. My encounters with her before were very short that we didn't have much time to talk.

"I rarely had a chance to have those since everyone in my family watches my sugar. Ito namang kasing si Annika, ayaw na lang tumigil sa Pilipinas. Maya't maya ang lipad dito."

I smiled at her and give her what she wants. She's my only hope so I am going to give her everything I could.

"I don't know why I got so involved with my children's love affairs. I am the type of parent who don't usually agree nor disagree. Dun ako lagi sa kung ano ang makakapagpasaya sa kanila. Annika of course is an exception."

"Ma'am, I am so sorry for what happened to Akim and me."

"Why? Why are you saying sorry? Did you even want that to happen?"

"No! No! I swear no Ma'am. I wish no harm on anybody. Most especially to Akim. I do not want to hurt him"

She laughed. How can she be so composed and all? My Mom can't do this even she owned huge mall chains.

"You know darling, I have 5 children. Well, my eldest Jacob died just before I gave birth to him so I was left with 3 boys and a girl. All of them, I un-intently got involved with their love affairs. I thought Akim was a different story, but look at this, they are all still their Father's children."

Mrs. Seigfreid is one real regal lady. Even she's laughing, her composure and grace are still intact. She can even speak with all honesty without offending anyone.

"Pasensya ka na hija, natatawa kasi talaga ako. "

"Maam?"

"Well, I promised myself I won't meddle but I end up meddling in their love stories."

"You know, among them all, Akim and I shared the longest moments of being together. I breastfeed him until he was 2. I even needed to bring him to the office because he won't let me leave without him. Imagine! He was already 10 years old but he sleeps beside Mommy kicking Daddy out of the bed! Hahahaha"

"But, aside from those, of them all, Akim is the only one who never leaves my side, until college. I and my husband had very difficult jobs of living from one country to another. We travel far, here and there. As I know it will be hard for my children to change place every now and then, I let my boys choose their own schools when they reached senior high school. Well, Luke and Matti lived independently. While Akim was always a different story. He cannot live without me, so, he had to attend college all over the globe. He was a genius, so universities couldn't find a reason not to accept him. When he finally finished and got his first job, he made sure to treat me and date me. You see, finally, just two years ago, he finally decided to let his Daddy have me alone but now, he's all over me again because he's back in our house."

"He's here?"

"You didn't know?"

I shook my head. Andito lang pala yung lokong yun. I felt so quiet looking at her. Can I really ask this lady to marry off her son to me?

"He's a mama's boy Dana. Between me and his wife-to-be, I know I will win without a fight."

"I know Ma'am." I smiled at her.

"So aside from stories of Akim, and treating me a very nice snack, what else can it be that you even came here in Germany to meet me?"

"Ma'am, I want to marry your son. I want us to be engaged soon."

"An arranged marriage?"

I nodded.

"Why?"

"I don't think Akim would love me again Ma'am. He wouldn't even want to see me."

"So why do you still want to marry him? Wouldn't that only bring you pain?"

"I don't care Ma'am. I love him, and I will do everything for him to love me again. Nagkamali po ako na pinili kong manaig yung guilt ko kesa sa yung pagmamahal ko sa kanya."

"What if he can't love you anymore?"

"It's painful every day to live without him because I made him leave me and I know it'll be still painful to be with him even he doesn't want me anymore. I just choose the pain, I choose a painful life with him."

"The first time I saw you, I liked you, just the same as I like Mara and Traea. You being a Korean is a plus"

"Ma'am?"

"If you really want this bakit ka ba Ma'am ng Ma'am jan? Diba dapat sanayin mo na ang sarili mong tawagin akong Mommy?"

"Huh?"

"Okay, I will agree to this."

"Ma'am?"

"Call me Mommy or we'll never have this plan."

"Yes, Mommy."

She smiled. "I like that. Oh, C'mmon, we need to celebrate. Where do you stay?"

"Ritz-Carlton Mommy."

"Geuncheoe isseubnida. Gaja! Naeha unjeon halge.(That's near. Let's go! I'll drive)?"

"Hangug-eo hal jul al-a? (You know how to speak Korean?)"

"Naneun geugeos-eul jalhanda (I'm good at it)"

Wow, she's really something. She even speaks better Korean than Mom.

"Where are we going?"

"It will be much easier if you will stay in our house."

"But?"

"Believe me! I am the expert."

We went to the hotel, checked out, and pick up my things. I am really amazed at Mommy Nikka's skills, my Mom never drives, she always had drivers and bodyguards around.

"I will tell you a secret Dana, I made my husband marry me just after 1 night."

"Huh?"

She smiled.

"Akim is his father's son. Genes are being passed from generation to generation."

I looked at her asking but she just smiled at me sweetly.

"Mommy?"

"Oh, Annika, good that you're here."

"Dana?"

"Annika, call her Ate Dana."

"Huh?!"

Ma'am Nikka just smiled at her daughter. I felt my heartbeat started to thump loud.

"Mommy!"

The man I missed so much is here in front of me now.