Chapter 4

Dana

"Dana sweetie, where are you going?"

"Office."

"But Dana."

"What Mom? It's Monday and I need to work."

"Aren't you traumatized or what?"

"Mom. Stop okay?"

"Okay, let's go?"

Sometimes Mom's really annoying but I can't do anything because my only family is her and my grandparents. Dad died when I was just 2 years old leaving all the fortunes of the world to me and Mom. He used to be the South Korean Ambassador who fell in love with my crazy mother, the only daughter then of the Secretary of Defense.

Fortunate? Yes.

Rich? Yes.

Blessed? Yes.

Entitled? Yes.

Lucky? Yes.

But there's one thing I would wish to have. I wish to have someone to love me because he loves me not because I have money or because I belong to this family.

I also wish for true friends who don't see you valuable as how much your worth is.

"Liezel, can I have your company phone?"

"Po?"

"I need to have your company phone for a while."

"Ma'am?"

"Okay, just fix my line and get me a new phone. Forward to me any call or SMS from a guy named Akim."

"Right away Ma'am."

It took Liezel more than a half-day to get me a new phone. I just don't mind because she looked so tired and all. I decided to have lunch upon receiving my phone.

I was busy eating my food when someone seated in front of me.

"Is it good?"

"Have the doctors checked you already?"

He stupidly nods and gave me everything.

"What medications are these? You look well."

"Malakas lang talaga ako pero masakit pa talaga ang katawan ko."

"How much did you pay?"

" CT Scan- 9,700 pesos , X-ray- 500 pesos, Doctor PF 650 pesos, ER first aid- 3,800, Gamot-3,040 pesos. "

"How much is everything? Don't make me compute."

"17,690 pesos."

I was about to write him a check but he declined.

"Wag!"

"Huh? What was that? You want it in cash?"

He shook his head.

"What do you want?"

"Pagkain."

"What?"

"Buy me food every time I'm hungry then slash it from that 17,690 owe you have."

"What?"

He is crazy.

"Can we start now?"

I rolled my eyes and called the waiter. The funny thing is he just ordered a shake.

"Ang mahal naman neto 190 pesos na agad? Tsk. So ang utang mo sa akin ay 17,500."

"Can I just pay now? I'll pay you 20,000, no, 50,000."