Chapter 1

Dana

"Dana, sweetie, you go with your friends please."

"Mom, I need to review these papers."

"No, no need, I will do that."

"You will?"

"Liezel can do that!"

Mom faced Liezel, my EA and asked her.

"Liezel, you will review all of these right? You can do this right?"

"Ah, yes madame, I will, I can."

The poor girl didn't have so much choice.

"Very good Liezel! You are really amazing. See that Dana, Liezel can definitely do these. You go and enjoy the afternoon with your friends."

I rolled my eyes at Mom.

"Can you do this Liezel?"

"Yes Maam. Ako na po ang bahala."

"Liezel, don't always say Yes to my Mom. Ask for something in return."

I look at my mother, seems that there's no saying No to her. So I just pick up my bag and left the office.

"Enjoy Sweetie!"

I just arrived last Monday and these bitches came to my office to bother me with the peace I long to have. Because they used my Mom, my mother even pushed me to have this afternoon tea session with these plastic group. If only I became a little more friendly back in college, I might end up having better sets of friends.

"Dana ha, you will be my maid of honor."

"Why me?"

"Ikaw na lang ang single sa atin Dana, her groom wants the best man from his side kaya ikaw na lang."

"Yeah, our husbands for sure won't agree that we held hands with other guys."

"Yeah, you know naman my husband girls, he won't let me be the maid of honor kung hindi sya ang best man, he would definitely get mad."

"Yeah, a high ranking police officer won't let anybody touch his wife by somebody else."

"Of course, a Congressman too."

"My husband would allow me but I have a baby, hindi ko pa kaya magsuot ng gown and all because of the postpartum. Kaya ikaw na lang talaga ang pwede Dana, for Moira."

"Please, Dana?" Moira pleads

If I had known that they would just be bragging about husbands and husbands' jobs as they plan Moira's wedding, I should have not really joined this at all.

"I won't take the role. I may not come to your wedding."

"Grabe ka naman Dana! It's from Moira, our friend."

Hmmm. Friend my ass.

"Oonga naman Dana, you know, you should be more open and sociable."

"I have a business meeting on that day, I plan on just going to the reception. If I am going to be a sponsor, then move your wedding date."

"You can't be serious Dana."

"Well, I am."

They are all in awe. Akala nila ha, I won't adjust myself to them or to anyone in any matter. While I was sipping my tea, Moira decided to change the topic.

"Dana, you should join us this weekend for a feeding program!"

I just raised my eyebrows at them.