Chapter 15: Karl

Wilbur was sitting next to y/n who looked so peaceful sleeping, he moved a hair from his face waiting for him to wake up. Wilbur took a deep breath in and out, feeling worried for Y/N, it's been a day since he woke up only to pass out from panic.
          "I need to see karl.. I need.." Was all that Y/N said, wilbur was confused on what Y/N needed to see karl so bad. Philza knocked on the rim of the wallz wilbur looked up to see his father holding a potion. Wilbur got up and lifted u/N up and opened his mouth, Phil opened the bottle with a pop and gave it to Y/N. He seemed to be drinking only to choke and wake up and go to the nearest bucket. Wilbur and Philza were shocked to see that type of reaction. Phil looked at his potion like it magically had a label on it for effects. Wilbur walked to y/n and helped him by rubbing his back and putting his bangs back for him, after a minute or so, Y/N grunted and held his throat, it felt hot and he didn't like it. He felt sick even though he was fine. Phil laughed before giving him water. "What are you laughing at..?" Y/N sounded drowsy and tired. His bones felt fragile and weak, his body shakes like he just saw a ghost. 
    "I didn't think the potion would make you sick, it must be a side effect, it won't last long. don't worry at least you're awake." Phil smiled as Y/N nodded after sitting for a bit his eyes began to focus and everything was not feeling much better as he drank water. After sitting he standed up and he looked at himself again, rubbing his shoulders like he was cold. He didn't know why he was wearing what he normally wears. What was the difference this time? Y/N saw a flash of layed clothing his other self wore. He gasped as he looked at his hand again seeing it was normal. He could've sworn it was gloved. He traced his fingers with his free hand; he could still feel the rich cloth and the itchy hot clothes but looked absolutely amazing and graceful. 
        "What's wrong love?" Wilbur asked, y/n turned his head and looked at Wilbur. He shook his head, staring at the man with pure relief. His eyes softened, his lips placed on a small smile before walking towards the man and giving him a hug. He curled wilburs hair loosely with his fingers, he rested his head on his shoulder and neck feeling like he was at home. Wilbur was surprised and returned the hug back but tighter. Philza still sat there. Uncomfortable 3rd wheeling.
      "Welp uh, it was uh nice to wake you up! I'll make sure to tell techno when he wakes up but uh i'm gonna go finish my house, uh i'll see you guys later" phil said as he swiftly left. Wilbur chuckled and sighed, he pulled off y/ns hug and stared at the smaller biy, placing his hands on his face. Y/N eye bags have faded thank god wilbur thought, y/n looked at wilbur with curiosity and wonder as always. Wilbur chuckled at how much y/n resembled as a cat. 
       "Wilbur. You look so much younger…" y/n said as he placed his hands on wilburs face as well making outlines of his face like its the first time he's seen a human. He didn't know what was going on with him, he kept getting distracted. Wilbur chuckled, falling in y/n soft but rough hands. He let go of his face and placed his hands on y/n arms instead falling the movements he was doing. 
   " is that a compliment? Or is it an insult?" Wilbur chuckled, making y/n let go to laugh, he looked at the ground then his hands again then slowly back to rubbing his chest. Wilbur was confused.
     "Are you ok?" Wilbur asked again, making y/n shake his head. 
       " i had.. I was having the weirdest dream.. I saw.. I saw my past life? I saw a reincarnation of techno named Sir Billiam… I met a boy called james, he reminded me of sapnap.. everything in that weird dream seemed so real and it.. that damn egg was there and goodness Wilbur it was awful!" Y/N explained with his hands waving with the way he talked, Wilbur looked worried, that dream sounded awful to him as well.
      "When you woke up, you wanted to talk with karl. Why? Was he in your dream as well?" Y/N looked at wilbur with wide eyes, he doesn't remember saying that. He just remembers waking up seeing wilbur and philza and hearing wilbur asking him what was wrong and then fainted. Y/N rubbed his temples and groaned. "Yeah..but he didn't seem to fit in like,, he looked the same as before with his hoodie but he was just wearing a mask? I was. I was helping him escape but.. he just.. died...you were in my dream as well except your name was william. Apparently you were trying to protect me but.. I.." y/n gulped feeling his body shake thinking about it, wilbur already knew what happened, he placed y/n in a one sided hug as the smaller boy cried thinking about it. He bursted into tears thinking about it. "Billiam killed everyone… it was so horrible. I didn't know what I could do. It was such a horrible sight, Wilbur, it was h-horrible." Y/N cried out as he held onto Wilbur's shirt, Wilbur listened, rubbing y/ns back to comfort him. He hummed a small tune making y/n take in deep breathes to calm down but alk y/n could hear in his head was billaims words.
     "Thank you for being a pawn to my game.." was all that repeated in y/ns head. Tears kept flowing but his breathing seemed to calmed down a bit however Wilbur knew it was effecting y/n greatly. 
 "Lets go visit karl. I'm sure we can find him, '' Wilbur said, lifting up y/n's head and wiping his tears with his fingers. Y/N nodded, Wilbur gave y/n his jacket, both slowly walked together out of technos house and kept walking. Wilbur was amazed with the snow even though he sees it everyday but not enough to be outside to enjoy it. They got in the house, Y/N grabbed some things for the trip they were making after collecting everything they left the house and went to the smp to go find karl. The walk was long but it was enough time to tell wilbur the dream some more. Wilbur didn't like the sound of what the "egg" was and he was certain that isn't something to be cheery about. the pain and motion that Y/N told him felt so real at least to them. He felt bad for his lover. He shouldn't be going through that. "That sounded horrible love. I am so sorry." Wilbur admitted that was fucked up. Y/N nodded as they kept walking. They got to the water, completely forgetting techno has a portal to the smp but it's whatever. They got on a boat and y/n started to row it along. Wilbur was confused about the story and decided to ask, he was hesitant but then asked "what is the egg?" Wilbur asked, twiddling his thumbs. Y/N took a deep breath and explained the egg and even explained what he experienced. Wilburs eyes turned sad and worried. Wilbur looked down at the boat floor trying to hold tears back only to take a deep breath and grunt.
      "I'm sorry you had to go through that… Why don't you take me with you? You know I can help.. I noticed you've been distancing yourself from me. I wanted to know why?" Wilbur asked this, made y/n stop the boat and felt his head spin. He has been doing a lot without wilbur. These voices spoke 
      "we can't lose him again." 
"We hurt him, why are we still with him?" One voice cried out
"He isn't a ghost anymore. we can leave" another complained. 
"We helped him.." another one said 
"Cant you see? Your being clingy" the other sighed 
"The visions don't lie." They all complained and agreed as more visions of different versions of wilbur even himself kept dying, the flashes seem violent ad y/n flinched and shaked his head trying to ignore them, his head became a bigger headache Why couldn't he explain what his head was doing. Is this just a lot of emance trauma? Is it just the lack of seeing the sun? Why cant he explain what he is seeing, why couldn't he explain what he was dreaming? Why is everything so messed up y/n felt tears starting to fall, wilbur noticed but if he moved the boat would turn over from the weight. The poor siren couldn't explain the power he was holding. 
        "I've seen you die 4 times in front of me wilbur, one by my own hands…. The others in wars and by your own father.. and now all i can see is you dying in front of me. I can't really explain. Why this is happening to me. I dont know whats wrong but i don't want to mess anything up…i kept you hidden because i think it has to do with time… i can't really explain it but, only our family knows you're alive, nikki does not know not even jack! Not even eret.. They all still think your dead and if it has to be that way then so be it… I dont want to see you die anymore and i certainly dont want to fuck up any timelines.. i know that sounds toxic to keep you hidden and i know that this is all confusing but god damn it wilbur you are the only thing i have that understands me… you helped me through so much is hard to let you go even when you left me without saying goodbye its just so hard.." Y/N cried as he felt land, he looked to see they made it to the smp. Wilbur went up to give y/n a hug. They stayed like that for a while before y/n collected himself together. The voices unfortunately didn't leave but they were more quiet. They kept walking, seeing the smp in view, as they walked the prime path, y/n gave Wilbur a mask to cover his face so nobody recognized him. As they walked they saw Ponk and Awesamdude in view, this made y/n gulp and hold onto wilbur hoping they dont recognize him. As they walked Sam saw y/n and another person, he must've been new Sam thought as he waved at the two, y/n did a small wave as wilbur nod in acknowledgement. They passed each other, this caused y/n to hold his breath when Sam and Ponk crossed paths from y/n and wilbur he let out a heavy sigh causing wilbur to make a low chuckle.
 "You held your breath?" Wilbur asked, making y/n's cheeks go red from embarrassment and nod. Wilbur laughed a bit louder as they kept searching. Seeing Karl with his two husbands at where L'Manberg was blown to bedrock, they were messing around. Wilbur went to sit at the bench so they didnt suspect him, y/n smiled and nodded, he was happy that Wilbur understanded what was going on even if he was still confused. 
       "Hey guys." Y/N waved as the three turned around with smiles on their faces and waved and said Heys back. Karl seemed distraught but tried to hide it with a small comfort smile, he acted that he didn't just see y/n die in front of him in a different time zone. "Do you two mind if I speak with karl? Just for a couple of minutes?" Y/N asked, sapnap and quackity nodded as they left their husband with y/n claiming to come back in an hour or so and if we are finished with our talk to just give them a ring. the both of them didn't know what to say, y/n saw that karls eyes and colors seem to fade a bit but not enough to notice and at first glance but it was a bit of an issue. 
        "Hey Karl… how are you?" Y/N triddled with his fingers as he leaned on a wall, Karl grunted and shuffled a bit nervously. 
      "I've been ok. How about you?" Karl asked back after a long pause, y/n took a deep breath and looked at karl with stressful and tired eyes. 
       "Karl. I know we haven't talked since the Pogtopia war.. but i was wondering.. Do you remember the Ball..?" Y/N looked at him with ease and of course stress, karl gasped and felt tears peck his eyes.
       "What do you mean? The dream smp had a ball? How come i wasn't invited" karl tried to lie, y/n knew this would happen, karl seemed to get more anxious and a tint of anger though it didn't show as much sense he had no reason to be angry. 
           "Y/N?" He asked for y/n who seemed to space out for a moment. Y/N looked at karl and grunted. 
        "You don't remember..?" Y/N asked again, making Karl shake his head in denial that y/n knew. 
       "Karl, i saw Billiams butler kill you, how can you forget something so traumatic..?" Y/Ns memories replayed that horrible sight, karls eyes widened from shock, his body was shaking he didn't know what to say. "Y/N..? Oh my gosh you remember..? How? That was like… long long time ago?! How? How did you time travel with me?" Karl asked and pleaded for answers that y/n couldn't give it made him cry. Karl saw this and gave y/n a tight hug as he told him to breath. 
      "I don't know how i remember my past self, I don't know karl. I thought. I thought you might help me. Please Karl, I don't want to remember. " y/n said with cries and held Karl tightly. Both boys sat there for a while. Now karl was in a big pickle. Y/N knows he can time travel, that isnt good. 

//YALL- OMG THANK YOU FOR READING THIS STORY- Thanks for 1.5k reads😭 I wouldnt think this story would go so far. Thank y'all so much! Ill try and post a chapter twice or once a week. Thank you so so much!//