T w e n t y - S i x

~ Emily ~

"Skyler, wake up!"

I shook her gently by her shoulders.

She mumbled incoherent phrases in her sleep.

Sighing in defeat, I stood up from the bed and found that I'd slept a little more than I usually did.

So, cancel the morning walk.

Then again, wouldn't I be a bad host if I left my friends like that?

After freshening up, I decided to go to the kitchen and make some breakfast for all of us.

I reached downstairs and found that the front door was open.

I walked through the door towards the front yard and found a person whose back was turned towards me.

But.

I could recognise him anyhow.

I cleared my throat, "Good morning, Vincent."

My presence was totally unexpected, so he became a little jumpy. The morning was still misty and foggy, considering that the time was only seven and the view as usual - divine.

"Oh, uh, good morning, Emily."

I walked towards him and stood at a good distance, "Couldn't sleep well?"

He chuckled lightly, "It's not that, I just woke up early, so I thought I could have a little garden exploration."

I smiled, "Yeah it's just that my dad is fond of gardening and stuff."

He nodded thoughtfully, "Hmm, I could see that. Beautiful." I looked at him in confusion, "Uh, the flowers are beautiful, especially the roses."

"Hmm, ye -"

"Good morning, dear amigos!"

We both turned around and found Derek grinning at us goofily, "Hope I didn't interrupt anything."

"No!" We replied almost immediately.

He chuckled, "Anyway, I am hungry."

Vincent muttered, "Thought so."

Derek shot him a look, "Heyy Vi! Don't be meany."

I intervened, "I was just going to prepare breakfast."

"Then chop chop, Emily."

Vincent glared at Derek, "No, she isn't making breakfast alone. We all are going to help her."

My eyes widened, "No Vin -"

"Yes, Emily. That is only fair." He reasoned.

I agreed helplessly, "Fine."

.

*
.

We got back in my home and found Skyler sitting in the living room with a sleepy face.

I could bet that she didn't wake up to her own will.

I suspiciously looked at Derek, and he just shrugged with that same goofy grin.

On seeing us, she bolted up, "Good morning, guys."

I suppressed my smile, "What made you wake up now?"

Or more like who.

She glared at Derek, "This son of a biscuit maker poured a whole glass of icy cold water on me."

That was it. We couldn't control it anymore, and all three of us burst out laughing.

Apparently, Skyler was the only one who didn't find this situation, the least bit amusing or funny.