N i n e

~ Emily ~

I woke up to the ear piercing beep of my alarm, which indicated that the time was six in the morning.

I loved to sleep like the rest of the world, but some sacrifices should be made for our health and grades.

I lazily got out of the bed, did my morning routines, and put on jogging pants and shoes.

Time for the healthy morning walk, Emily.

Waking up early and taking a morning walk are two of those many things my mom made me do for maintaining my health.

Being the daughter of a doctor isn't that easy.

"Good morning, early bird!" My mom greeted me enthusiastically as I made my way to the kitchen.

"Good morning, mom." My voice didn't match her chirpy level, but she didn't mind.

I drank some water and mumbled, "Mom, I'm leaving."

She nodded and kissed me on the cheek and said, "Happy walking, dear."

My mom, Lily Heartwood, is, overall, a very happy living person. No matter what, I love her so much.

I got out of my house and started my walk.

The atmosphere was foggy and chilly, and the scenery was simply so beautiful.

I agreed to my mom that this indeed was the best way to start a day.

We lived in a hilly region, so you can imagine how heavenly the scenery would look.

There was a cliff nearby, and I normally watched the sunrise from there.

I was a few meters away from the cliff region when I saw a car parked at a distance. Well, that was a strange sight because I had never seen a vehicle here, before. There weren't even houses for miles from this area.

I suddenly grew nervous but unusually enough. Today, I was in no mood to back off. I took slow steps towards the cliff, and I could see a figure standing at the edge of the cliff.

My God.

I increased my paces and stood a few feet away from the human. It was heavily foggy, so I couldn't clearly see anything, but I could guarantee that it's a guy. I then realised that he was sobbing.

That's it.

I raised my voice and called out to him, "Hey!"

The echo of my voice could be heard distinctly.

He quickly snapped his head in my direction, and I took this as my cue to approach him.

The more I got closer, the more the person got familiar.

Oh. My. God.

Then, I saw the most unexpected person to be likely here.

Vincent.

Yes. Vincent Zaphyr in flesh.

Why isn't my alarm beeping so that I could wake up from this dream?